• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Bulls Players Are Starting To Care About Each Other Like WKU Players"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Whaaaat? It sounds like Taggart is putting the team's lack of success on player attitude toward each other, at least some of it. I think his trying to fit square pegs into round holes has a lot to do with it. His abandoning his offense being a sign that he finally figured it out.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/taggart-continues-to-track-doughty-wku-s-success/article_1c046a9a-962f-5bb5-9c15-ae42e1b88c9e.html

It doesn't sound like that at all.  But I guess when you hate the coach, you see what ever it is you want to see in order to validate your standpoint.  

Its either that, or you're attempting to argue that team chemistry doesn't exist nor does it have any effect on how a team performs.  If that's the case, I'd love to hear more on this argument.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

smh .... Another one of those "making a mountain out of a molehill" moments on the TBP.

Blaming the team's lack of success on player's feelings toward one another is lame and insulting. Saying WKU players care more about each other than Bull's players is insulting too. Does he really believe that or was blowing smoke, I don't know. But if he's going to talk about it going slower than he thought it would he needs to man up and shoulder that responsibility like he did after that first loss year one.

All the people on here saying emotions in the locker room don't have anything to do with success on the field have obviously never played a down of football

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

smh .... Another one of those "making a mountain out of a molehill" moments on the TBP.

Blaming the team's lack of success on player's feelings toward one another is lame and insulting. Saying WKU players care more about each other than Bull's players is insulting too. Does he really believe that or was blowing smoke, I don't know. But if he's going to talk about it going slower than he thought it would he needs to man up and shoulder that responsibility like he did after that first loss year one.

All the people on here saying emotions in the locker room don't have anything to do with success on the field have obviously never played a down of football

this!  That's what it is BULLZ  great comment

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I love the way stuff gets so sideways on this forum. The OP wasn't saying anything like that. He was suggesting that CWT thinks the reason we suck is because there is no emotional chemistry on the team, not the fact that the coaching has sucked the last 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You must be mistaken.  I've been assured that Taggart never blames anyone but himself.

Its a sad indictment when you have to resort to such ridiculous hyperbole in an argument.  

I agree it is very sad.  But that was a completely accurate statement on my part.  I will not comment further, lest I get penalized again for being disagreeable.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I love the way stuff gets so sideways on this forum. The OP wasn't saying anything like that. He was suggesting that CWT thinks the reason we suck is because there is no emotional chemistry on the team, not the fact that the coaching has sucked the last 2 years.

As an aside..

No amount of coaching, great or otherwise, overcomes attitude or team dynamic problems in a team sport such as football.

With that said, do you and OP expect him instead to tell the WKU source or anyone that the reason there has been only minimal success is because "the coaching sucked"?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

As an aside..

No amount of coaching, great or otherwise, overcomes attitude or team dynamic problems in a team sport such as football.

With that said, do you and OP expect him instead to tell the WKU source or anyone that the reason there has been only minimal success is because "the coaching sucked"?

Two excellent points.

We can only hope that both attitude problems and coaching problems have finally been eradicated this season and the team starts to move forward.
Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

As an aside..

Wasn't my OP, but I get what he meant. It's everyone else who got all twisted. I do agree that team dynamic plays a fairly important part in success and failure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

So if the team is now jelling like it should, why were the major coaching positions replaced and offensive and defensive schemes changed? If this was a player attitude issue, why wouldn't he still be using his system? Wouldn't the majority of the team better know his system from his first year vs totally changing it year 3? I don't hate CWT, but I think he's in over his head and a better coach would have had USF bowling last year.

And yeah, I think CWT could admit that he's floundered to find an effective scheme on both sides of the ball. He doesn't have to use those terms, but looking back his tenure at USF to me seems less like coaching and more like on the job training.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

So if the team is now jelling like it should, why were the major coaching positions replaced and offensive and defensive schemes changed? If this was a player attitude issue, why wouldn't he still be using his system? Wouldn't the majority of the team better know his system from his first year vs totally changing it year 3? I don't hate CWT, but I think he's in over his head and a better coach would have had USF bowling last year.

And yeah, I think CWT could admit that he's floundered to find an effective scheme on both sides of the ball. He doesn't have to use those terms, but looking back his tenure at USF to me seems less like coaching and more like on the job training.

You're making up an argument he's never made.  No where, let me repeat that slowly...NO WHERE in that article did he state that the past 2 years were disasters because of a team chemistry issues.  

I know this may be hard for some of you to grasp, but in a team sport, its an accumulation of issues that typically lead to a loss or a bad season overall.  Team chemistry (for anyone who watches and follows this team knows) played a part (again, a part, not the whole reason, not the only reason, but a part) in our struggles.  A lack of DI QB played a part (player and coaching issue).  Some poor play calling on offense and defense played a part (coaching issue).  Poor execution played a part (player issue).  Lack of talent played a part (previous coach issue).  Its not a black and white scenario, and Taggart at no time has made a black and white argument like this.  

Edited by Bullshiznitz