• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we be better this year? A random fans break down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,348
  • Days Won:  10

I don’t see how we haven’t gotten better.Quarterback (better) - We officially have 4 quarterbacks on our roster than can run a 40 under a 4.7, three of them run a 4.5 and 2 out of those four can actually throw if you count Brett Kean and Karsten Miller. Personally, I think Kean will rise up as a true Freshman and lead us to glory. When the season starts I shall have my “I told you so post†ready. I’m not a big fan of Bench or Flowers, but if they somehow manage to beat out Kean then I’m confident we can get at least 6 wins with them.Running back (waaay better) Marlon Mack is a beast. Tice is a beast who can also catch. Not sure why you fail to mention him in your post, but I see him getting 500 rushing yards this year while Mack Surpasses 1000 again. Kennard Swanson, and D'Ernest Johnson will play their roles as well. I feel they have all probably added muscle and speed this offseason so it will be an awesome year of running.

Receivers / Tight ends (better) –How are we worse? Welch sucked, Andre Davis was great but gone, and Adams is still here. Now our quarterbacks will finally be forced to utilize the other talent such as 4 star Rysheen Bronson, Clerveax, Whitehead, Chris Bar and let us not forget McCants in addition to 2 good transfers from P5 schools. We have plenty of speed and good hands this year.Offensive line (Much better)- I agreeDefensive line (Better)- Kevin Bronson, Deadrin Senat, Marlon Gonzalez…and they are playing with 4 bodies at the line. We are much deeper this year.Linebackers (Freakin awesome) No words needed, I expect an awesome defense this yearDefensive Backs (Better) I think mad players got experience from last year and have probably put on good muscle in this off season.Kicker/Punter (better) We are good at this position.Return game (better) We have waaay too many speed options this year. I think McCants will be the main go to guy.Coaches- We took one of the top defensive coaches from the SEC in Tom Allen who was part of the top defense in the nation. Danny Hope came from Purdue a school that has been using the spread since I was a kid, but now he gets to use it with better athletes, and the Wild Card is Kinan, Coached Taggart and Danny Hope. Coached in college and is a legendary high school coach who won 5 state titles using the spread. Conclusion:

I’m not sure why there is so much doubt. Memphis had a 3-9 record in 2013, but bounced back in 2014 with a 10-3 record and 7-1 in the AAC. Hell even last year, 4 of our losses were by less than 12 points. I know a loss is a loss, 12 points is not much and those 4 losses we beat ourselves. I’ve said all I can in this blog. I’m going to devote my blog time back to my Gators. Bulls Fans are getting too depressing for me. lol I became a Bulls fans because they had a lot of Haitians on their team, they are from the state of Florida amd the fans were are devoted and funny. Dont let these past few years change you, It’s going to be alright. Sit back and enjoy a better season.

I am not at all a depressed bulls fan. I love USF no matter what their record is, and i definitely will not bandwagon over to the gators or noles blog. Im just being realistic in my analysis, and not going to claim that our kikcker is better after losing kloss lol. Its ok to be a fan without expecting a #1 overall ranking bro. Go USF

I graduated from the University of Florida. USF is my 2nd team. I became a fan because i love the journey of this team.

Thank you.   I had a nice time when USF played Florida.   It was a good game for a while.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don’t see how we haven’t gotten better.Quarterback (better) - We officially have 4 quarterbacks on our roster than can run a 40 under a 4.7, three of them run a 4.5 and 2 out of those four can actually throw if you count Brett Kean and Karsten Miller. Personally, I think Kean will rise up as a true Freshman and lead us to glory. When the season starts I shall have my “I told you so post†ready. I’m not a big fan of Bench or Flowers, but if they somehow manage to beat out Kean then I’m confident we can get at least 6 wins with them.Running back (waaay better) Marlon Mack is a beast. Tice is a beast who can also catch. Not sure why you fail to mention him in your post, but I see him getting 500 rushing yards this year while Mack Surpasses 1000 again. Kennard Swanson, and D'Ernest Johnson will play their roles as well. I feel they have all probably added muscle and speed this offseason so it will be an awesome year of running.

Receivers / Tight ends (better) –How are we worse? Welch sucked, Andre Davis was great but gone, and Adams is still here. Now our quarterbacks will finally be forced to utilize the other talent such as 4 star Rysheen Bronson, Clerveax, Whitehead, Chris Bar and let us not forget McCants in addition to 2 good transfers from P5 schools. We have plenty of speed and good hands this year.Offensive line (Much better)- I agreeDefensive line (Better)- Kevin Bronson, Deadrin Senat, Marlon Gonzalez…and they are playing with 4 bodies at the line. We are much deeper this year.Linebackers (Freakin awesome) No words needed, I expect an awesome defense this yearDefensive Backs (Better) I think mad players got experience from last year and have probably put on good muscle in this off season.Kicker/Punter (better) We are good at this position.Return game (better) We have waaay too many speed options this year. I think McCants will be the main go to guy.Coaches- We took one of the top defensive coaches from the SEC in Tom Allen who was part of the top defense in the nation. Danny Hope came from Purdue a school that has been using the spread since I was a kid, but now he gets to use it with better athletes, and the Wild Card is Kinan, Coached Taggart and Danny Hope. Coached in college and is a legendary high school coach who won 5 state titles using the spread. Conclusion:

I’m not sure why there is so much doubt. Memphis had a 3-9 record in 2013, but bounced back in 2014 with a 10-3 record and 7-1 in the AAC. Hell even last year, 4 of our losses were by less than 12 points. I know a loss is a loss, 12 points is not much and those 4 losses we beat ourselves. I’ve said all I can in this blog. I’m going to devote my blog time back to my Gators. Bulls Fans are getting too depressing for me. lol I became a Bulls fans because they had a lot of Haitians on their team, they are from the state of Florida amd the fans were are devoted and funny. Dont let these past few years change you, It’s going to be alright. Sit back and enjoy a better season.

I am not at all a depressed bulls fan. I love USF no matter what their record is, and i definitely will not bandwagon over to the gators or noles blog. Im just being realistic in my analysis, and not going to claim that our kikcker is better after losing kloss lol. Its ok to be a fan without expecting a #1 overall ranking bro. Go USF

I graduated from the University of Florida. USF is my 2nd team. I became a fan because i love the journey of this team.

Thank you.   I had a nice time when USF played Florida.   It was a good game for a while.

Other than it being a million degrees out at the noon game and Ben Hill Griffin Stadium RUNNING OUT OF ICE!!!!   :angry:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would like to see victories again

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

I don’t see how we haven’t gotten better.

We haven't gotten better until we do ...

Conclusion:

Other than the dearth of Haitians on the team, nothing has changed ...

I don't want to compare USF to Memphis, but last year Memphis did not play UCF or ECU.  They destroyed Cincinnati early in the season, but other than that they beat conference foes Uconn, us, Tulsa, Temple, Tulane, and SMU.  None of those teams had a winning record.  Again, beyond Cincinnati they did not beat any good teams.  They did beat a struggling BYU in Miami.  

That is why last year was a good "turn it around" year for us as we had a pretty soft schedule, but not as soft as Memphis.  This year our schedule is much tougher.

Not to mention, we almost beat a good Wisconsin team

Gator fans are usually cool. The most obnoxius ones are usually online. Illl admit, i hated how we treated Coach Ron Zook and never giving Charlie Strong a job as head coach. I feel that is why we sucked these past few years including losing to a non-P5 Georgia Southern was our Karma. But we have a new coach which means a new start

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

Gator fans are usually cool. The most obnoxius ones are usually online.

Uh, no ... Gator fans had cornered the obnoxious market decades before the Internet was even a gleam in Al Gore's eye ...

• Upvote 1

Gator fans are usually cool. The most obnoxius ones are usually online.

Uh, no ... Gator fans had cornered the obnoxious market decades before the Internet was even a gleam in Al Gore's eye ...

Whats funny is that i got to UF in 95' and wasnt a big college football fan until i had a whole bunch of big dudes in my class (Fred Taylor, Ben Hanks, and some other cat) and was curious to see how they play. But it took a while for me to become a fan b/c they were obnoxious lol I appreciate the Gators more as an alumnni

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Funny that we've sucked the last couple of years and UCF still can't dismantle us with their best teams on record. I don't care about the A. Woulard situation either. If Taggart can't win with the guys he brought in, then what difference is it going to make waiting another year for Woulard? Unfortunately, Coach Taggart hasn't shown a penchant in the coaching acumen department on gameday to date - which leads me to believe we will have more of the same this season (although I'm praying for some W's). If we suck again in a conference that is watered down, send him packing. Plain and simple.

I personally dont think Taggart has been as bad at play calling as hes been in trying to enforce the system. The choice in the system was his grave mistake. Its not a bad one, it just doesnt work here. Our problem was clearly the system, we dont have what it takes to implement the power run. He realized that now, albeit unfortunately it took 2 full losing seasons. I think play calling will take a step forward simply because of the new system. Our team will look markedly better. I for one am willing to bet 100 bucks were going bowling

Having a mobile qb and a better line will pay HUGE dividends for our run game. (Mack could have an INCREDIBLE year). And our defense is supposed to be better this year also so I dont see how we can go anywhere but UP

He's been pretty bad at play calling. The amount of times we ran the ball last year on 3rd and medium to 3rd and long was crazy. One instance that still sticks out to me was the Memphis game. Early in the game we drove down the field inside the red zone in a 0 - 0  game and on 3rd and 7 he ran a HB draw. Memphis averaged 30+ points per game and we were @ Memphis. 

He got shut out against a mediocre UCF team at home. A good play caller finds a way to put some points on the board.

We don't have anywhere to go but up, but we can improve and still go 5-7. Don't think it's impossible to play in a bowl, but UCONN, SMU, and FAMU are the only games I think you can pencil in a W. 

Always a Bulls fan but we have been talking about getting better every year.  Every year we list the reasons why THIS year will be better.  In my opinion, last year, because of our schedule should have been our bowl year.  This years schedule is MUCH more difficult and all of the teams we are playing have gotten better.  I think the OP was pretty much on target.  

I would like some kind of support for opinion this -- because you are not the only one -- I think you are dead wrong, and that our schedule is significantly EASIER this year.

Here is why I think that way:

FAMU < WCU. -- Yes, they are both FCS teams, but WCU was a decent program that was in the hunt for their conference championship for most of the season.  FAMU went 3-9 last year.

FSU < Wisconsin -- Wisconsin won their division in the B1G last year.  Yes, last year FSU was better... but not this year... heck, the media picked Clemson to win the division this year.

Maryland < Maryland -- Tthe Terrapins lose their starting QB and 11 other starters, including their top two wide receivers.  On defense, only two starers are coming back to the same position - and they do have a new DC.  The 2015 Terps are worse than the 2014 Terps.

Syracuse < NC State -- Yeah, I hope you realize this is true.  Syracuse went 3-9 last year... and they are also implementing a new offensive system and have to replace 8 starters... they are predicted to be 6th in their division this year.

Okay... so all four of our OOC games are EASIER.  Let's look at our conference games.

Memphis = Memphis -- I call this a push.  Most of their offense returns, except for their starting RB -- but they have to replace most of their defense as well as a new DC.  I think this should be a good game on Friday night at USF.

U Conn = U Conn -- I call this another push.  New QB and new starting WRs have to be found for a revamped offense... one that USF had no real problem stopping last year.  Their defense will be back, and they have solid LBs.  So they are about the same as last year.

SMU = SMU -- Another push because it's hard for a team to get worse than SMU was last year.  11 starters gone. New offense. New defense.  These Mustangs won't be running wild this year.

Navy < Houston -- This is a tough comparison.  Navy's triple-wishbone offense will be different for USF.  But it's really a run-heavy spread when it comes down to it... and the 4-2-5 should stand up well against it.  On defense, Navy lost a bunch of starters as well.

ECU < ECU -- They lost the best QB and best WR in their history.  They may still be better than USF (although I would say barely because USF was in a good position to win last year if not for 2 holding penalties on 2 consescutive plays) -- but there is no way that ECU got better this year.

Temple > Tulsa -- Okay, so here is the first place on our schedule where I am willing to admit the opponent got better.  Tulsa was bad and we had to comeback to beat them.  Temple's offense is rough at best, but they have a stout defense -- maybe the best in the conference this year.

Cincinnati = Cincinnati -- I might even concede here that this year's Bearcats are better.  Their offense might be the best we face in conference -- but their defense last year was dead was near the bottom of the nation last year... and they lost a few key players.

UCF < UCF -- The Knights lost most of their WR corps (to the NFL, no less)... along with a boatload of their defense.  So they are clearly taking a step backward.

------------

So if there is anyone out there who thinks our schedule this year is HARDER than last year, please list out your reasons why.  I gave you some good thoughts to the contrary... and I would honestly like to see someone tell me where I am going wrong.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It should be noted that Jim is not suggesting that we win or lose any of these games, per se.  Just that the schedule overall appears to be easier.

• Upvote 1