• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former Bulls basketball coach Heath hired as assistant coach at BC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Please tell me that we had a clause in Stan's USF contract that indicates that we cease to pay him if he gets employed at another school. I know he was working with ESPN last year, but I believe we were still paying Heath. Holtz's contract lacked such a clause, and he's getting paid by both USF and LaTech. What a waste of money for us.

If it was written by the same guy that wrote Skip's contract (Woolard) I am sure that answer is a no.
I sure hope Woulard didn't write the contracts himself. He had to have some help from our General Counsel office. My hope is that a different attorney handled the Heath contract.

Remember they were extended on the same week.

Then it came out that DW also got an extension that day that he makes every bonus a coach makes.

Please tell me that we had a clause in Stan's USF contract that indicates that we cease to pay him if he gets employed at another school. I know he was working with ESPN last year, but I believe we were still paying Heath. Holtz's contract lacked such a clause, and he's getting paid by both USF and LaTech. What a waste of money for us.

Very few coaches have a contract that voids on employment and certainly not for an assistant job. Those that do just sit out a year or two and cash checks as an advisor to a program.

Cripes, both good points, Del and JTrue. The vestige of Woolard, hemorrhaging money for coaches to NOT coach here. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If it was written by the same guy that wrote Skip's contract (Woolard) I am sure that answer is a no.

I hope not ... While not crazy about USF having to put out the dough, Stan deserves whatever he gets from them.

I sure hope Woulard didn't write the contracts himself. He had to have some help from our General Counsel office. My hope is that a different attorney handled the Heath contract.

Remember they were extended on the same week.

Then it came out that DW also got an extension that day that he makes every bonus a coach makes.

Very few coaches have a contract that voids on employment and certainly not for an assistant job. Those that do just sit out a year or two and cash checks as an advisor to a program.

Cripes, both good points, Del and JTrue. The vestige of Woolard, hemorrhaging money for coaches to NOT coach here. 

Looking at what JTrue said, most AD's do contracts like that so if you want to blame someone for hemorrhaging money, blame whoever fired him and it wasn't Woolard. Nobody can argue that Stan didn't deserve the extension at the point it came.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I hope not ... While not crazy about USF having to put out the dough, Stan deserves whatever he gets from them.

So true. I feel about bleeding this money what I felt about the Jim's settlement. Both did good things for the program.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

No offense, but a software engineer is not an engineer.

Uh, tragically idiotic statement. I know software engineers that know more about "hard" materials than you or anyone you have ever known does. It's a very interdisciplinary field. You know those 'engineers' architecting buildings that do it all by hand? Me neither. They're using CAD developed by software engineers with a deep understanding of the physical world. Know how the Wright Brothers are cranking out airplanes still? Me neither. Boeing uses sophisticated software developed by software engineers who know the physics of plane building. Tell me I'm not an engineer when you can't tell me the first thing going wrong with my Tesla and I hook up a PC to interact with the sub components that run the entire thing.

Wikipedia defines engineering as the application of "scientific, mathematical, economic, social, and practical knowledge, in order to design and build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes that safely realize improvements to the lives of people." The end result of software engineering is a software system that can safely improve the lives of people, and it can involve some combination of scientific, mathematical, economic, social, or practical knowledge.

Do you have the faintest clue how the MAGIC of software engineering turns the utter chaos spewed out by your wireless router into the words you're reading right now even works? That's not engineering? WTF?

:applause::guinness::applause:

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

+1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think I read somewhere we still owe him ~$350,000/year for two more years.

It's just other people's money, like state money.

:devil

Actually, isn't that some of yours and my money? Or does it come from a different pot?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Actually, isn't that some of yours and my money? Or does it come from a different pot?

If it was allocated to USF for athletics, I feel a stake in it even though that's irrational.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 1h1 hour ago Florida, USA

Meantime, Stan Heath officially joins Boston College staff. #USF still owes him 3 years of base salary ($375K per year).