• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard is transferring to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Can't say I'm surprised. I called this when he dropped us for UCLA. Funny part is that he could be in his third year starting right now at USF.

He will have to sit this year if he goes to another FBS. I believe he will have 2 years eligibility after that

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

CWT was the reason he jumped ship, so I can't imagine we're now more attractive than last go round.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

USF was a BCS school when he committed, he may be only looking for a P5 school he can start his senior year. Not sure where that puts him, being dual threat and all. I think he committed when USF was in the Big East with a future, and backed out when Holtz was fired and I believe the Big East's future was in doubt.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't played a meaningful down of football in 2+ years, so why would any P5 schools consider unless desperate. I wish him the best wherever he ends up though. The kid had some serious potential, and deserves the opportunity to show what he can do. UCLA just wasn't the place to try and show it. They always land top QB recruit year after year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF was a BCS school when he committed, he may be only looking for a P5 school he can start his senior year. Not sure where that puts him, being dual threat and all. I think he committed when USF was in the Big East with a future, and backed out when Holtz was fired and I believe the Big East's future was in doubt.

Speaking of which, the G5 schools should get together and force a rule change - we have the votes - that a P5 to G5 transferee doesn't have to sit

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

His Dad will be checking here before Midnight IMO. Welcome to the world of competition young man. You can run from it, but it will not go away. It follows you...

My guess is he goes to UCF, as I think UF passes on him, and I think he avoids USF due to baggage.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

My first reaction  to him joining UCF would be no. GOL does not like "me" people, which was my way far away impression of Mr AW. Also, UCF just got a commit from their #1 2016 QB target, so I think they are unlikely to be very attractive to AW. Top 2015 target just began school IIRC, so they are not hungry for  a risky proposition IMO. Good luck to he and his family. He'll need it. 

Edited by footnfan1

Interesting read, from the UF beat rider (and brief).

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/20579/another-qb-transfer-option-for-gators/

Looks like pops wasn't a fan of UF.  His dad also says UF has been talking to him for about a year.  I'm not rules guru, but I thought it was against the NCAA rules to effectively recruit a kid while he's enrolled at another school.  Any insight?

My firsy reaction  to him joining UCF would be no. GOL does not like "me" people, which was my way far away impression of Mr AW. Also, UCF just got a commit from their #1 2016 QB target, so I think they are unlikely to be very attractive to AW. Top 2015 target just began school IIRC, so they are not hungry for  a risky proposition IMO. Good luck to he and his family. He'll need it. 

I suspect sitting in Hundley's shadow for 2 years, waiting for his shot, only to be passed up by at LEAST one younger QB may inject some humility into him.

But...if a bunch of schools start chasing him, the head could begin to start re-swelling.

We shall see.  I'm sure he'll pick soon.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I wanted to be really catty about swollen heads but nah, take the high road.

Good luck young man. Be accountable for your decisions. Best of luck with your next spot. Let no one work harder than you.