• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard is transferring to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

He was the #1 DT QB in the country, so I'm going to guess he's going to have a decent selection of P5 schools to choose from. I'd take him back here in a heartbeat since we can't recruit QB's worth a ****.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Interesting read, from the UF beat rider (and brief).

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/20579/another-qb-transfer-option-for-gators/

Looks like pops wasn't a fan of UF.  His dad also says UF has been talking to him for about a year.  I'm not rules guru, but I thought it was against the NCAA rules to effectively recruit a kid while he's enrolled at another school.  Any insight?

I think that quote is from the time he was being recruited. Move that quote up a couple of paragraphs:

"Three summers ago, Woulard had decommitted from USF and was leaning toward UF, sources told The Sun at the time. Former offensive coordinator Brent Pease had evaluated Woulard in the spring and invited him to work out at camp.

Woulard initially planned to attend a session, but then asked to be offered before making the trip to Gainesville, to which Pease refused. Woulard ended up not coming and recommitted to the Bulls, winning the Elite 11 competition a month later."

"“I said, ‘Well, ya’ll have been saying you want him. It’s been this or that for over a year but nobody’s offered him. I’m not really big on that.’ â€"

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

He was the #1 DT QB in the country, so I'm going to guess he's going to have a decent selection of P5 schools to choose from. I'd take him back here in a heartbeat since we can't recruit QB's worth a ****.

He wants to start for his senior year, that should wittle it down. Plus the reason he left I read on the college football talk website was that none of their quarterbacks at UCLA stood out. They all had overthrown balls to targets. So he might not be as good as someone who's been developed in the system and waiting to start next season.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Wonder if he could get some kind of hardship

For not sticking out enough to be named starter?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

If he would somehow consider USF considering where our program is at he should be welcomed with open arms. 

If he would somehow consider USF considering where our program is at he should be welcomed with open arms.

That might be an option depending on what you can find in the P5 schools. Of course he also has a certain style being dual threat, which I don't know if that's going to be conducive to whatever next years offense is or if CWT will still be employed here. Imagine him coming here again, and then calling it off because of the coaching change.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Interesting read, from the UF beat rider (and brief).

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/20579/another-qb-transfer-option-for-gators/

Looks like pops wasn't a fan of UF.  His dad also says UF has been talking to him for about a year.  I'm not rules guru, but I thought it was against the NCAA rules to effectively recruit a kid while he's enrolled at another school.  Any insight?

I think that quote is from the time he was being recruited. Move that quote up a couple of paragraphs:

"Three summers ago, Woulard had decommitted from USF and was leaning toward UF, sources told The Sun at the time. Former offensive coordinator Brent Pease had evaluated Woulard in the spring and invited him to work out at camp.

Woulard initially planned to attend a session, but then asked to be offered before making the trip to Gainesville, to which Pease refused. Woulard ended up not coming and recommitted to the Bulls, winning the Elite 11 competition a month later."

"“I said, ‘Well, ya’ll have been saying you want him. It’s been this or that for over a year but nobody’s offered him. I’m not really big on that.’ â€"

Yeah, I re-read that...agree it was when he was in HS.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He was the #1 DT QB in the country,

And I think he would still be an instant starter here at Defensive Tackle

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He's an obvious take.