• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Per the robinson coach USF contacted the young man directly. Maybe the coach feels snubbed, maybe he feels left out, but the young man is the person that needed to be contacted. No one knows what happened, not even the other OL from Robinson. Maybe it was something that the young man doesn't want to talk about.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Maybe Coach T got some good news from one of the 4 Star O-linemen that were visiting this weekend and decided he would rather have one of them.

Not sure, but I'm not a fan of pulling an offer from guys though. Reminds me of the Holtz and Carnes situation a few years back that pissed off the coach and he said he would never send any of his players to USF.

Kind of good news in that regard is that Depue is retiring ... but I do hope that there's more to the story than reported so far. Didn't Taggart say he would honor all the commits to the previous regime? If you don't plan on doing that, don't say it .... and you definitely shouldn't cut a kid loose this close to signing day unless thyere are extinuationg circumstances. Hopefully he'll be able to catch on somewhere, at any level, to get a schollie.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe Coach T got some good news from one of the 4 Star O-linemen that were visiting this weekend and decided he would rather have one of them.

Not sure, but I'm not a fan of pulling an offer from guys though. Reminds me of the Holtz and Carnes situation a few years back that pissed off the coach and he said he would never send any of his players to USF.

Kind of good news in that regard is that Depue is retiring ... but I do hope that there's more to the story than reported so far. Didn't Taggart say he would honor all the commits to the previous regime? If you don't plan on doing that, don't say it .... and you definitely shouldn't cut a kid loose this close to signing day unless thyere are extinuationg circumstances. Hopefully he'll be able to catch on somewhere, at any level, to get a schollie.

I wasn't aware of Depue retiring, so I guess that is kinda of a good thing. I'm not too sure if it was Coach T or AD Woulard, but I definitely remember reading an article or GA bolgpost that said something about all previous offers being honored. Best of luck to Conner. Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

I believe it was the AD who said they'd all be honored

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

busch league...

--------------------------------------------------

What?  You had a beer when you heard this?

Seriously though, unless you know all the facts, it's a little premature to assume anything.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't like situations like this. Coaches are prohibited from commenting on recruits, so it just becomes a lot of accusations that can't be proven. I'm not trying to let CWT off the hook, but he could have easily had a conversation with the kid that ended with him politely pulling the offer with no foul play and the kid can say anything he wants to save face amongst his peers and on the internet. CWT can't do a thing to clear his name. Look at whats going on with Tuberville, the man can't say a thing and kids are piling on him like crazy. Even in some cases, others are bringing in evidence they're ******** charges. One TTU recruit is claiming Tuberville left him sitting at dinner when he got the job at Cincy and just walked out of the restaurant hanging him out to dry on his visit. Multiple sources are proving that to be a horsefeathers story by a teenage kid with his own motives for spreading it. I think until proven otherwise, CWT deserves the benefit of the doubt and there's more to this story than a 10:30 phone call to tell him to suck it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  58

busch league...

--------------------------------------------------

What?  You had a beer when you heard this?

Seriously though, unless you know all the facts, it's a little premature to assume anything.

i like beer

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

That high school that Carnes went to was ironically Manatee and the coach was Joe Kinnan.. where Willie Taggart is from.

Holtz pulled these shenanigans on Taggarts alma mater and now Taggart is pulling these shenanigans on Robinson. What a vicious cycle

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe this kid just wasn't good enough. No other offers, not even FAU?