• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's Soccer Beats UCF in OT

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, MechanicalBull said:

Need to get that trophy to Tampa this year!

And keep the other one here ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I thought everyone gets a trophy in communist kickball 🤔

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Congrats SoccerBulls!

Sukkit Kanniggitts!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

I thought everyone gets a trophy in communist kickball 🤔

Seriously, what is the hate with soccer?  No one attacks lacrosse, or water polo, or any of the other sports.  Is it the fact that soccer is gaining in popularity and people feel a huge need to "defend" their favorite sport as it becomes obsolete?  

Inquiring minds want to know.

And congrats to the boys on last night's win.  That second goal we scored was a true golazo by Gomez!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Seriously, what is the hate with soccer?  No one attacks lacrosse, or water polo, or any of the other sports.  Is it the fact that soccer is gaining in popularity and people feel a huge need to "defend" their favorite sport as it becomes obsolete?  

Inquiring minds want to know.

And congrats to the boys on last night's win.  That second goal we scored was a true golazo by Gomez!

1) Soccer fans need to have everyone like soccer and understand that it is the best because it is the most popular in the world (argumentum ad populim)

2) The need for soccer fans to get everyone to understand that soccer has the best athletes because they keep running the entire game (meanwhile if you turn it on for 5 seconds no more than four  on the field are ever moving at a time and it is typically at a light jog).

3) Soccer is boring. 

4) Stoppage time (wait Soccer fans say the game never stops simply because the clock does not) simply stop the actual clock so everyone else knows where things stand instead of what appears an arbitrary decision of how much longer we have to suffer made by the ref.

5) The offsides rule (this is communist) make it a line make it anything objective but it shouldn't be a strategy to have your defenseman out of position (and it certainly shouldn't be possible in the box; hockey is my favorite sport and I am not against offsides rules; I also understand it I just do not like it and it's probably my biggest issue with soccer)

6) Soccer fans can't fathom any criticism of soccer because it is so popular in the world and think it is essentially perfect and above improvements (see baseball which is also boring)

7) Soccer fans always say it's going to replace every major sport in the US because seven year olds keep playing it so that they can play a sport and not get hurt, yet every generation of those kids grows up and still has no desire to watch it.

8) The injury faking is absurd and puts the NBA to shame. People literally fall to the ground like they were shot, get spraid with magic spray, and do not miss a minute of the game (which has stopped around them, yet it never stops).

9) Hating on something the rest of the world is so in love with is just fun and uniquely American.