• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So Special Teams Are An Issue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

We had 5 made extra points and two made field goals after the first quarter circus .... Can we at least acknowledge that the problem appeared to be corrected last night?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We had 5 made extra points and two made field goals after the first quarter circus .... Can we at least acknowledge that the problem appeared to be corrected last night?

When we go a couple games without a kick or punt being blocked we can say the special teams issues have been corrected. 3 games with blocks is a trend... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

When we go a couple games without a kick or punt being blocked we can say the special teams issues have been corrected. 3 games with blocks is a trend... 

They were corrected for last night after an horrendous start. we'll still be holding our breaths for awhile starting next game...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They were corrected for last night after an horrendous start. we'll still be holding our breaths for awhile starting next game...

They just missed the last kick if I recall correctly. It almost seems like an all-out jailbreak when we line up to kick. Something is definitely wrong and opposing teams are seeing it during film sessions. I can understand one breakdown in a game, but we're at four breakdowns over three games I believe. Yes, they fixed what was broken yesterday... but that doesn't mean it's a permanent fix. If I'm an opposing coach, I'm spending extra time watching these plays in particular to see where we aren't solid. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

They just missed the last kick if I recall correctly. It almost seems like an all-out jailbreak when we line up to kick. Something is definitely wrong and opposing teams are seeing it during film sessions. I can understand one breakdown in a game, but we're at four breakdowns over three games I believe. Yes, they fixed what was broken yesterday... but that doesn't mean it's a permanent fix. If I'm an opposing coach, I'm spending extra time watching these plays in particular to see where we aren't solid. 

I'm not a football expert, but the left side is like a sieve.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

First kick the kicker was way to slow. The second block was a breakdown by the linemen. The snaps may also be too slow.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The snaps may also be too slow.

And off target

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Hoping for the second half turnaround again...but it's not good.