• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ICYMI: Coach Strong, players postgame pressers

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

23 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I speak smazza-ese.  

Bold. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

So Taggart's not a big time head coach?

Oregon will find out over the next 3 years.  Winning at USF and winning at Oregon are 2 different animals.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, Calibull said:
16 hours ago, TExpress said:

I'm a little paranoid the offense has taken a major step back. I saw it the way the reporter did who called it "vanilla".

I'm not... I don't think any coach will put in everything and show it in a spring game.  This game pretty much looked like a spring game should... better than the last few to be honest.  I would expect the offense to be "vanilla"... I'd be more worried if it weren't, I'd question any coach that showed his full hand in a spring game.  He was just giving coach talk

One of the players (MVS, I think) said in a post-game interview that what we saw today was less than half the offense.

Strong's a poker player, that's all.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, smazza said:

USF is in great hands. our first big time head coach

:GoBulls:

Indeed

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

One of the players (MVS, I think) said in a post-game interview that what we saw today was less than half the offense.

Strong's a poker player, that's all.

Agreed there's no reason to run every wrinkle play. Even in its base, the Spring is about learning the systems, practicing the fundamentals and playing with your units // earning with the coaching staffs. No exotic plays or packages will be shown, no trick plays; heck even running plays or scrambles are stopped by two hand touch. There were a number of times I was thinking "Chris O would've taken that 25 yards." Each QB and receiver had good plays, the defense made good plays, other lines looked solid at times and he defense looked swarming. That was literally exactly what I wanted to see out of the game; sans CCS nixxing the final FG attempt. 

Now that the basics are installed, the coaching staff can take what they've seen into the Summer, devise their 2-Deep and create plays and formations based off of them. The players will focus on Summer Conditioning (and for the love of god not do anything criminal). I have a big old feeling QF and CSG are gonna have some fun with specialty plays. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Expect willie to be an asst under harbaugh in 3 years, wherever that may be

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I have a big old feeling QF and CSG are gonna have some fun with specialty plays. 

Add DJ and DeVontres Dukes to that cast. 

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Agreed there's no reason to run every wrinkle play. Even in its base, the Spring is about learning the systems, practicing the fundamentals and playing with your units // earning with the coaching staffs. No exotic plays or packages will be shown, no trick plays; heck even running plays or scrambles are stopped by two hand touch. There were a number of times I was thinking "Chris O would've taken that 25 yards." Each QB and receiver had good plays, the defense made good plays, other lines looked solid at times and he defense looked swarming. That was literally exactly what I wanted to see out of the game; sans CCS nixxing the final FG attempt. 

Now that the basics are installed, the coaching staff can take what they've seen into the Summer, devise their 2-Deep and create plays and formations based off of them. The players will focus on Summer Conditioning (and for the love of god not do anything criminal). I have a big old feeling QF and CSG are gonna have some fun with specialty plays. 

+1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I can't like this post enough.  Perfectly said.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, Ionbull said:

sans CCS nixxing the final FG attempt. 

CCS said something like Nadleman(sp) coming off an injury and didn't want him trying to hit one into the wind.