• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT already making an impact

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

When Willie, et al, deliver the blue chips, all will be forgotten. 

I agree and think that is why he needs to deliver sooner rather than later - which sucks for him.  

I have decided I want him to succeed after a brief angry period but I am not that emotionally invested enough to care all that much.  I just find the whole dynamic interesting. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

they suspened the strength coach for 1 month w/o pay! this is a big deal and Willie has already have had to go to the podium and say "I'm sorry." Holy crap he's already knee deep in duck ****. LOL LOL LOL. good luck now.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Now there's talk of a potential for a law suite b/c our former strength coach and now theirs apparently doesn't have the credentials .  This is serious and espn is all over it.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

This could reflect poorly on us with respect that we didn't catch that the strength and conditioning coach didn't have at least a bachelors and we let him coach here. This entire situation for willie means you better win this year or your out.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

8 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

This could reflect poorly on us with respect that we didn't catch that the strength and conditioning coach didn't have at least a bachelors and we let him coach here. This entire situation for willie means you better win this year or your out.

He has a Masters even, just no degree in Sport Science but with the right experience a specific degree isn't necessary in most fields IMO. 

Oderinde earned a bachelor’s degree in recreation administration from WKU in 2003 and a master’s degree in sport management from WKU in 2007.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209517737 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

30 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

He has a Masters even, just no degree in Sport Science but with the right experience a specific degree isn't necessary in most fields IMO. 

Oderinde earned a bachelor’s degree in recreation administration from WKU in 2003 and a master’s degree in sport management from WKU in 2007.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209517737 

Those aren't terribly close, despite both being "sports" related. A friend of mine is a professor of Sports Management and his main area of expertise is ticket pricing. Specifically, dynamic ticket pricing and the secondary market. He has zero knowledge of being an athletic trainer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

Nope this is all on Oregeon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

31 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Who here would trust their children's health care to someone that had a degree in Hospital Management, but never attended medical school?

UF''s S&C Coach-

A 1982 graduate of Fairmont State, he owns a bachelor's in education and social studies. He also earned a master's in recreation resource administration from N.C. State in 1987.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

54 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Those aren't terribly close, despite both being "sports" related. A friend of mine is a professor of Sports Management and his main area of expertise is ticket pricing. Specifically, dynamic ticket pricing and the secondary market. He has zero knowledge of being an athletic trainer.

And that's fine and dandy but Coach O has had on the job training at numerous universities on top of his degrees. If you read the post I quoted he made it sound like this was a Masiello situation and it was not. Hell Shaun King has a Marketing degree; same as me so I guess I'm as qualified to coach our running backs as him. Only problem is he has the experience to back his position on the staff up where I have worked in business since graduating. His experience makes him qualified not his degree. 

In medicine, law and scholastics I agree a specific degree is warranted but I don't expect my personal trainer to have a masters in exercise science. And although S&C coaches get paid more than your average personal trainer that is essentially what they are. 

Edited by 206BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

And that's fine and dandy but Coach O has had on the job training at numerous universities on top of his degrees. If you read the post I quoted he made it sound like this was a Masiello situation and it was not. Hell Shaun King has a Marketing degree; same as me so I guess I'm as qualified to coach our running backs as him. Only problem is he has the experience to back his position on the staff up where I have worked in business since graduating. His experience makes him qualified not his degree. 

In medicine, law and scholastics I agree a specific degree is warranted but I don't expect my personal trainer to have a masters in exercise science. And although S&C coaches get paid more than your average personal trainer that is essentially what they are. 

The UF S&C coach was the very first one I looked up and I'm guessing he is more the norm, education wise, than those coming out of college with an S&C specific degree. There may be more coming out now but it appears to be something that wasn't really a requirement, with experience from working up the ranks being the key.

• Upvote 2