• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have lost a friend, member and Bulls Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

I knew Mark socially well before we realized we were both on this forum.  I always enjoyed his posts and wit.

He was an excellent guy and it sucks that he was taken way too early.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and son.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Very sad and prayers to his family

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Sad indeed. Definitely a huge bulls fan, sucks to lose anyone especially to cancer.  RIP

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Really sorry to hear about this.  He definitely contributed to the board as a poster and USF fan.  RIP

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

He had  a lot of passion for USF. He was so pissed off at the way things were going for USF that you just knew he had tons of passion for the Bulls! Sucks that he is gone as I believe USF is going to have a big year! RIP

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

This certainly puts things in perspective and makes you appreciate your health and the ability to help those who need it.

I think it would be nice to have a TPB team at the next Miles for Moffitt event dedicated to him and everyone who we know that are battling this disease.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Horrible news. 55 is way too young! Cancer is one big bad mother that needs to be eradicated. Sending condolences to his family and friends. Makes you wonder what his last few posts were. Also a glimmer of hope that even though most of us haven't met each other in person, we can still come together to salute a fallen Bull. RIP

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Thanks for posting this, Brad.  I met Mark thru the old Auman blog, and eventually at a tailgate at RayJay.  He asked where my seats were, as they weren't great.  He offered an extra 2 he had at the 45 yard line, Club Section...so I gave my tix to a friend, and joined him.  

We met before games a few more times. He was an Iron Bull, and as passionate of a fan as I've ever met. He could be abrasive, but you always knew where he stood.  Last time I saw him was at the bowl game in Miami, when a bunch of us tailgated.  I could tell he'd lost weight (and he was a wrestler, back in the day, so he was always in good shape).  You could tell he was struggling with the cancer, but there was no way he'd miss our first bowl game in years.

I'm 50, and this hit me hard.  I'll be getting my first cancer screen in a few weeks with this wake up call, and encourage you all to take preventative measures, as early detection saves lives.

It's awesome to see people citing the difference some had with Mark, but recognizing we are all Bulls family, and want the same things for our Bulls.  Maybe we can have a TBP gathering at a game, and put faces to screen names.  I can tell you, I've met some great guys thru Auman & TBP.

RIP Mark...you'll be missed.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

RIP to Mark and thoughts/condolences to his family.

Yes he was abrasive at times, but as others have mentioned, you could tell he was 1000% USF.  Sometimes its fun to have that counterpoint to a discussion and he added that to this board and will be missed.

Does make you really look and appreciate what you have now, and a somber reminder on how quickly it can all change.

I hate cancer.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

You can never have enough loyal, call it like it is, supportive fans. Sad to read these responses, but he sounded like a grounded, never give up guy. I admire that.My wife beat  stage 3 cancer. I have adopted the mantra, Cancer changes everything, everything. 

• Upvote 2