• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Major Importance (Publix related)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Aldi? Quality? WTF?

Aldi is great. Quality is not one of the reasons why. It's good enough for the exceptional value, but doesn't stand alone in without the latter part.

The parent company that owns Trader Joe's is the same as Aldi. Their products are of high quality. Part of the no frills overhead costs involves purposely leaving out an onsite bakery, butcher, fish monger. etc.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

One of the best reasons to shop Publix is that it's employee-owned. Runs like a co-op, competes like a corporation. Would love to see more of this in the US.

Dead on IMO. Publix listens not only to its customers, but to its employees. They try to grow talent organically, too, which means the majority of their leaders will have grown up in Publix and implicitly understand the big picture of the stores, the business, and the local communities better than your typical corporate grocery transfer. I love that they're not publicly traded, keeps them from breaking a system that works very well.

Plus I grew up 12 miles from their HQ, so I love to see a local mega-success story that keeps on top of their game and keeps solid values.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This is BIG BIG reason why I hardly ever come to this site anymore. i.e. The top post on the site contains this Publix nonsense because critical evaluation of our alma mater's highly paid athletic leaders who aren't ALUMNI and care only for their hefty checks is quelled by people who rarely if ever attend games and contribute nothing but nonsense like this.

P.S. What has Publix done for USF athletics??

Less talking more homo-erotic Obama photoshopping

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is BIG BIG reason why I hardly ever come to this site anymore. i.e. The top post on the site contains this Publix nonsense because critical evaluation of our alma mater's highly paid athletic leaders who aren't ALUMNI and care only for their hefty checks is quelled by people who rarely if ever attend games and contribute nothing but nonsense like this.

This should only encourage more Publix discussion on this site.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Here is a publix coupon you can use. now you are getting value from these threads

midol.png

:roflmao:

HOF Post!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I can only speak for football, but...

There's really nothing going on right now.  No interesting news that I am seeing.  I am pretty sure everyone is in a holding pattern on football to see if all of our offensive coordinators can scratch together a bowl game.  The home games have been a lifeless dead zone for years, so they have an annoying hype man and play music between plays because it's totally not the constant losing that drained the life out of the place.  The passion will happen this season when we either turn the corner or go into a justified "fire everyone" meltdown.

It's all about the BOLTS right now.  Go Bolts!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

There's really nothing going on right now.  No interesting news that I am seeing.  I am pretty sure everyone is in a holding pattern on football to see if all of our offensive coordinators can scratch together a bowl game.  The home games have been a lifeless dead zone for years, so they have an annoying hype man and play music between plays because it's totally not the constant losing that drained the life out of the place.  The passion will happen this season when we either turn the corner or go into a justified "fire everyone" meltdown.

Speaking of meltdowns

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Speaking of meltdowns

The Rangers looked to have "denuded" the Bolts in game 6. Game 7 in NY will be a tough one.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

My recommendation is to buy a 6 pack of Hofmann Snappy Grillers in the Hot Dog Section at Publix.  Get the ones that come 6 in a pack with the natural casing.  They are the ultimate Tailgate Coney.

http://hofmannbrands.com/IMAGES%252F2014%252F03%252Fsnappygrillerspackage.jpg.jpgx

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Mad Cow drift not welcome here.