• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why USF Football will never get over the hump...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

We should demand entrance into the ACC. It's the only solution to this problem.

First, I think we should demand excellence and accountability from USF, then do what you said.  

Here we go again with the "demand" thing and USF sports.  

So do we call/write the President, the AD and the football coach and demand that they win?  I'm sure none of them have thought that winning is preferable to losing.

Or, do we not buy tickets and further screw up the situation "until they win and show they are deserving"?  

On another thread people are questioning that big donors shouldn't have a say in firing coaches because those fans were demanding a better product and wanted changes.

I just don't get what this "demand" thing is all about.

On this post, you are the victim of the same writing device as your post saying, "durn that Skip Holtz."  

That was sarcasm.  Dogma had it correct.  It couldn't have been Leavitt that lost that game. Must have been Holtz.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

The window of opportunity was an illusion.

Co-sign

CoCo-sign

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

First, I think we should demand excellence and accountability from USF, then do what you said.

So do we call/write the President, the AD and the football coach and demand that they win?  I'm sure none of them have thought that winning is preferable to losing.

Or, do we not buy tickets and further screw up the situation "until they win and show they are deserving"?  

On another thread people are questioning that big donors shouldn't have a say in firing coaches because those fans were demanding a better product and wanted changes.

On this post, you are the victim of the same writing device as your post saying, "durn that Skip Holtz."

That was sarcasm.

So was Ga's "demand excellence and accountability from USF" comment ... ;)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That was sarcasm.  Dogma had it correct.  It couldn't have been Leavitt that lost that game. Must have been Holtz.

Had to be Holtz. Just look at the last two years if you need proof. Holtz is 0-18 while CWT is 6-0.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Never is a strong word...and a lot can happen between now and then.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Haha, such an emotional discussion.

Odd to point to Leavitt and the chance to play a Big 12 power in a bowl and suggest anyone would blame Holtz. Leavitt got us there. He just didn't build fast enough to meet "demand".

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

I tell you what, the TV exposure USF has now is the best in its history. And that goes for the entire conference. Memphis's coach picked up on it and told his recruits it's the most important thing, exposure. The P5 teams moving games off ESPN onto their own networks has left a big void that should net the AAC much more money come the next TV contract negotiations. USF games for the most part are all now being shown on the lowest tier of not only TV programming on cable/satellite providers but the first inexpensive offering for Cord Cutters, Sling TV. This is a process that takes time, but if gameplay gets better, I expect USF will pick up some fans with the exposure and make more on the TV contract down the road.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

6145148748_28ed11108f.jpg

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Enter red herrings.

:roflmao:

Great name for a conference. We need to be part of the RHC (Red Herring Conf.)!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We had a great year, and a few exciting/promising ones, but in the end we've always been mediocre in our conference. For that, I'm not sure we really ever had an opportunity for better. Even the "great" year, we bombed like a boss in the BCS bowl game, so there's that, too.

lol the discussion about how much the AAC lost with the move to CFP. Two years in existence, with the first being an AQ, doesn't make for a great statistical analysis.

The Sun Bowl wasn't a BCS bowl.

:facepalm:  you're right... I thought it was

The Sun Bowl was a cool bowl though except for the whole curb stomp thing.

Durn that Skip Holtz.  

The nicest coach money could buy.  Line up, USF fb players. Here come the rainbows, sprinkles, and hugs!