• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Leavitt back in college, while player he struck is struggling."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Nah, too much of a gamble for me too. Get the guy with public fails, and risk the pin being pulled on your program is a constant. Even if the explosion is contained to just him (rarely is), USF still loses credibility for the hire. No thanks.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

We are USF the school who is totally clueless of who they are.  We act like we are a Catholic University or some elite college, meanwhile anyone can basically get in.  No way we would hire Bobby Huggins or Bobby Petrino.  No way we would hire Jim Leavitt back.  Other schools will and will win.  We will be holy and mighty with no money and no fans. 

Im not saying bail out Sandusky and give him the job but you mean to tell me we wouldnt be WAY better off with a guy like Mike Leach, Bobby Petrino, Jim Leavitt or Bobby Huggins.  We would hate to ruin the name of USF, you know the one that no one knows about.  See you guys when were relevant in 10 years.

Well *I* know the name of USF, and that's enough for me to base my decisions on. I could never cheer for Bobby Petrino, he is a blight on college sports and an all-around despicable person. He leaves a wake of chaos and embarrassment everywhere he goes. No thanks.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Call it pious if you must, like I said, there are many coaches that win without the extraneous stuff.

Do you honestly believe that there are many coaches that even if they haven't been exposed do not have several skeletons in the closet? Then add in the component of some of us actually wanting them to win more games than they lose and that they would have to have no better options available to them and I think you may find that there aren't as many options as you may want to think.

We're just going to have to disagree.  Of course everyone has a past, but that doesn't mean you have to hire someone with a past of public indiscretions (I'm not referring to anyone in particular)..  So, you or anyone else can come at me all you'd like.  It really doesn't bother me.  I want USF to be successful as much as anyone else, but I know it can be done by hiring character guys.

Jose Fernandez and Ken Eriksen agree with you

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Have we strongly considered bringing him back??

No, not at all. :popcorn:

It's a fair question. Besides chatter amongst us, have we really made a push for him to return?

It's not a fair question because no one on this board has a clue whether, in reality, there has been a push for him to return ...

Yes, it is a fair question. You are simply confused. Just because you are a Mod doesn't mean you can speak for everyone here on what they know. Not everyone skims through google for "insight".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

It's a fair question. Besides chatter amongst us, have we really made a push for him to return?

It's not a fair question because no one on this board has a clue whether, in reality, there has been a push for him to return ...

Yes, it is a fair question. You are simply confused. Just because you are a Mod doesn't mean you can speak for everyone here on what they know. Not everyone skims through google for "insight".

Actually, in my contract it says I can ... :seth:

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We are USF the school who is totally clueless of who they are.  We act like we are a Catholic University or some elite college, meanwhile anyone can basically get in.  No way we would hire Bobby Huggins or Bobby Petrino.  No way we would hire Jim Leavitt back.  Other schools will and will win.  We will be holy and mighty with no money and no fans. 

Im not saying bail out Sandusky and give him the job but you mean to tell me we wouldnt be WAY better off with a guy like Mike Leach, Bobby Petrino, Jim Leavitt or Bobby Huggins.  We would hate to ruin the name of USF, you know the one that no one knows about.  See you guys when were relevant in 10 years.

Don't tease us ...

Come on. You know that if Blingstein leaves, then we'll be graced with alternate characters Herman Momart or Ari Hinkleberger. How could you forget such endearing chaps? :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Don't tease us ...

Come on. You know that if Blingstein leaves, then we'll be graced with alternate characters Herman Momart or Ari Hinkleberger. How could you forget such endearing chaps? :FIREdevil:

I miss Ari, he was a lot more interesting than the Blinger. More funny too

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Don't tease us ...

We'd also miss those "stories" he'll most suredly regale us with about seeing JW or MM in a Hyde Park bar at 2:00 AM ...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I would have hired Petrino in a heartbeat - but that is because I want to win and win now. Yes, the guy didn't use the best discretion when riding a motorcycle, however he definitely knows how to win on the football field. Isn't the entire topic about bringing back a coach who won more than our previous two coaches even though he hit a player. Oh well... guess we'll see what Coach T does to save his job this season. Last year, he completed a TD pass versus SMU that surely would have sealed his fate had we lost that game. The guy is clutch when the pressure is on.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I would have hired Petrino in a heartbeat - but that is because I want to win and win now. Yes, the guy didn't use the best discretion when riding a motorcycle, however he definitely knows how to win on the football field. Isn't the entire topic about bringing back a coach who won more than our previous two coaches even though he hit a player. Oh well... guess we'll see what Coach T does to save his job this season. Last year, he completed a TD pass versus SMU that surely would have sealed his fate had we lost that game. The guy is clutch when the pressure is on.

I think the bigger issue was him riding an employee, not riding a motorcycle.