• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Football Recruiting Discussion ... And Other Stuff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

This is the most boring class since Skip Holtz was here.  A couple good wide receivers in Chris Barr and Jordan Reed.  Some decent CBs in Ronnie Hoggins and Nate Ferguson.  Not one stud from the bay area.  The community is not supporting this team.  That includes the kids, parents, media, and fans.  Disgusting.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Supporting the team starts with you partner.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 kids from Tampa.  6 from the bay area.  Last years class was dream team.  This years class is dream on.

A top 2 class in the conference.

giphy.gif

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

^

Still very unscientific, especially at this stage, and this deep in the rankings (i.e. what's a 5.4 v 5.5?).

Doesn't matter where we stack up v UCF. It's about S&C, coaching, execution...and sadly, they have the Luck of the Irish on their side, clearly.

If UCF keeps doing it over and over then it's no longer luck.....likewise if we keep doing it (losing) over and over then it's clearly more than just being unlucky

I was referring to UCF luck snagging some wins over the past few years.

No doubt they are building the program the right way, with solid players & fundamental football.  They lose top 4 WRs this year, so it'll be interesting to see how they replace them.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

^

Still very unscientific, especially at this stage, and this deep in the rankings (i.e. what's a 5.4 v 5.5?).

Doesn't matter where we stack up v UCF. It's about S&C, coaching, execution...and sadly, they have the Luck of the Irish on their side, clearly.

If UCF keeps doing it over and over then it's no longer luck.....likewise if we keep doing it (losing) over and over then it's clearly more than just being unlucky

No doubt they are building the program the right way, with solid players & fundamental football.  They lose top 4 WRs this year, so it'll be interesting to see how they replace them.

With two 4 star guys they signed today?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

^

Who's their 2nd 4-star?

I only see Tristan Payton

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

^

Who's their 2nd 4-star?

I only see Tristan Payton

Cameron Stewart

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/177671/cameron-stewart

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

^

I know :)    

Just a mod friendly jab at our leader, who I do want to see succeed because I want USF to succeed.  With the young players having another year of experience under their belt, a new flux of players, coaches and a new "spread tendency" offense I'm hoping it will click this year.  Unfortunately the QB piece of the puzzle scares me.

I'd like to see more of this....

01_usf120912_400x30_251262a.jpg

And less of this.....

image.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Big surprise, the Slantinel, gave USF a C- and UCF an A- for this year's class.  (I got it from the print version so, no I won't link it, as I don't want to encourage traffic)