• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former USF DC Chuck Bresnahan to Take Same Position at UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

This was actually a very good hire by GOL.

TBH, I did not think the defense was that bad this past year.  There were moments of pure frustration.  That's what one gets when playing a lot of underclassmen. Seeing the move from the 4-3 to the 3-4 I believe was not a desired choice, but, more a necessity due to personnel.  I could be wrong though.  

I suspect the departure of Bres from Tampa was more to do with happenings within the staff than majority of us know.  We can only speculate on that and listen to what Voodoofive mentioned with the "clashing with other parts of the USF football office" .

Knowing that GOL and Bres worked together while at GT and the NFL exp, I think he will fit in well at UCF.  At least until GOL decides to retire.  Word around campus is 2017 at the end of his contract then the keys will be turned over to Brent Key.  

There is one big aspect I was really curious about regarding Bres at both USF and now at UCF and that was recruiting.  Did the guy even leave the office and go on the road while in Tampa?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bres was fired because the AD demanded "pounds of flesh" and was unwilling/unable to get the pounds that would yield the most improvement (The Mechanic).  That is the ONLY reason Bres was let go, Taggart didn't want to let him go but then it would have been Taggart (who it should have been anyway).  And that's the "rest of the story". 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I don't blame him

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Bres was fired because the AD demanded "pounds of flesh" and was unwilling/unable to get the pounds that would yield the most improvement (The Mechanic).  That is the ONLY reason Bres was let go, Taggart didn't want to let him go but then it would have been Taggart (who it should have been anyway).  And that's the "rest of the story". 

Sacrificial lamb?  I didn't like dropping Coach B, mainly because I didn't see him as the issue.  But, if Tom Allen turns out to be better, the move worked, in spite of our brass.

Or...maybe they KNOW what they are doing, in making the change?  One thing for sure:  Black Friday just for a bit more interesting.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Jup, hbryan doesn't care if Tom Allen turns out to be better or not.  In his mind, 2015 is already lost simply because Taggart is still the coach.  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,115
  • Days Won:  7

When you're a repeat champion in a non-P5, schools will take away your coaches. That's life.

And UCF has snatched Bresnahan from the USF cesspool and will make him a winner.

Welcome to the good guys, Coach Bresnahan!

Apparently you missed the part where we fired him. I can see why you would like him though-his defenses were as soft as those silk panties you wear. 

Ahem. Cotton.

I notice you didn't deny you wore panties. I hope you are a good looking woman! 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431

Our defense was good last year....BESIDES on 3rd down.

I've never witnessed a defense tire themselves out throughout games and the season so much like last year's defense. Literary stopping every team on every drive on 1st and 2nd down just to give up constant 3rd downs. Over and over and...

If it was demoralizing for the fans, can't imagine how badly it killed player's spirits.

Chuck's prevent defense was very suspect but he did alright. Changes needed to be made and I love this 4-2-5 defense idea.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

When you're a repeat champion in a non-P5, schools will take away your coaches. That's life.

And UCF has snatched Bresnahan from the USF cesspool and will make him a winner.

Welcome to the good guys, Coach Bresnahan!

Apparently you missed the part where we fired him. I can see why you would like him though-his defenses were as soft as those silk panties you wear. 

Ahem. Cotton.

I notice you didn't deny you wore panties. I hope you are a good looking woman! 

Only George O'Leary can judge me.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

Even during our garbage times, our trash is still UCF's treasure.

Maybe we should cut White. That'll set them back the next 2 years.

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe we should cut White. That'll set them back the next 2 years.

:lmao:

Holman had some ups and downs but he is clearly more talented that any QB on your depth chart. 

• Upvote 1