• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vandy QB May Transfer to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Again, what did he say about USF????

Good luck trying to find someone dig up 3 year old tweets bashing our program. I don't have the time for that.

Any not as lazy as I am can sift thru the recruiting thread here.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/73855-josh-grady-armwood-hs/page-23?hl=grady

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We need all the help we can get. If a hometown kid wants to come home and play, let him.

If he's good, he will play.

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm not sure if it's possible to dig up the tweets because of how long ago they were.

One of his tweets was him trashing Floyd during the McNeese St. game. His tweet was something like:"This is the guy USF chose over me" and some additional trash talk.

I also remember him bashing us when Coach T didn't hire Blackwell. I don't remember the exact wording though.

There were others as well.

Also, on his signing day ceremony he put on a Bulls hat and put up the horns before doing the fake out thing and switched to Vandy. His feelings were hurt because our staff didn't think he could make it at QB and wanted him to play safety.

He can go warm the bench somewhere else.

EDIT: Thought better of my wording. Shouldn't insult a kid for being immature.

Here's the link of the hat swap.  Honestly, it's silly, but not offensive to me.  Kids milk this attention, and he didn't deface the hat or the program...just 3 dudes trying to ensure the attention before it faded.

• Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he will be Dungy this coming season, the guy that runs out alongside Mut on the plays where we want the other team to know we are running the ball.

This had the to be the most ridiculous thing that Taggart did

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Maybe he will be Dungy this coming season, the guy that runs out alongside Mut on the plays where we want the other team to know we are running the ball.

Are you comfortable labeling any one thing the most ridiculous?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I would just use Flowers over Grady if he came here at QB. If we got a proven QB than fine using him for 1 year. Grady does not have much more QB experience in college than Flowers. Use him somewhere else if he comes here. I have nothing against him. That was 3 or 4 years ago.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm looking back at the original thread, and I think most people's problem, is that he didn't pick us after a lengthy drama queen-type Twitter teasing he gave all his followers throughout his recruitment.  

If there were any tweets derogatory regarding USF, I don't think they are in that link.

I don't remember anything specific but he's sniped at USF every now and then after signing with Vandy.  Nothing horrifying but you could tell he was still bitter that the previous regime didn't offer him as a QB or would even let him attempt to play QB.  I think he would have been a bull if Holtz even just let the kid have a shot at QB during his inevitable redshirt season.

Well, I guess how it went down at Vandy shows Holtz and others were justified in not offering him as a QB.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm looking back at the original thread, and I think most people's problem, is that he didn't pick us after a lengthy drama queen-type Twitter teasing he gave all his followers throughout his recruitment.

If there were any tweets derogatory regarding USF, I don't think they are in that link.

I don't remember anything specific but he's sniped at USF every now and then after signing with Vandy. Nothing horrifying but you could tell he was still bitter that the previous regime didn't offer him as a QB or would even let him attempt to play QB. I think he would have been a bull if Holtz even just let the kid have a shot at QB during his inevitable redshirt season.

Well, I guess how it went down at Vandy shows Holtz and others were justified in not offering him as a QB.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Grothe and Daniels were not recruited at QB by most others. We took Nate Allen, Louis Gachette who wanted to play QB and let them try and neither lasted long there as they could see they were better off elsewhere.

Should have given him a shot at QB. If he could hack it there that's great but otherwise move him just like Vandy did.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

Are you comfortable labeling any one thing the most ridiculous?

Haha, not directed at me, but I will say this probably topped my list if only because I could practically call the play from my seats when I saw Dungy and Mut stroll out in place of Davis, Adams, Welch, et al.  We did have a good time in our seats trying to figure out when we saw them together if it would be run left, run right or run middle.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Two schools came to mind in 2014 that went through every QB on the roster trying to move the ball, USF and Vandy. It would be nice to get a QB to come that actually has talent and buried in the depth chart and in his 5th year and can start right away. I mean if any program mirrors USF, it seems to be Vandy. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2014/10/15/vandy-fans-vent-frustrations-coaches-season/17307961/

The quarterback carousel is a point of frustration for Vanderbilt fans.

"A hot mess," said Kristen Hayes, a Vanderbilt fan from Smyrna. "The quarterback is usually the leader of the team and with no clear quarterback, we have no clear leader – on offense, at least."

"The dastardly quarterback situation is a microcosm of the ineptitude in this coaching staff's handling of the whole team," added Skip Prince, a Vanderbilt fan of more than 60 years. "Coaches are indecisive, trying to mold quarterbacks (and the) team to Dorrell's system instead of playing to their strengths. … It's not the players. It's been a season of coaching snafus."