• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New defense, new offense, does CWT get 2 more years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Harlan doesn't care about the new OC/DC in regrads to Taggart's job security. He's had his 2 year experimental/testing/recruiting/figure it out phase and now it's time to win.

We play in the tragedy known as the american athletic conference. USF should be winning 8 games a year minimum moving forward playing in this conference.

you do realize a big part of why people thinks this conference is a tradegy is because we are a part of it,right?

BTW I don't think we are positioned any better than SMU Houston Cincy UCF ECU etc.

All of them have had far more success at this level than we ever have had.

Not sure why so many of our fans think we are some blue blood that should look down on our conference competition.

is it because we beat a 7-6 FSU team or 4 loss Auburm team?

We are not college football royalty. Some of our fans need to wake up and realize this.

Wow. Hats off to you sir. This is one of the biggest misconceptions by the USF fanbase. You are spot on that football is cyclical and many programs that haven't had big success in years of late have done big things in their past. Case in point is Memphis. I am not sure what causes your fans to be this way. Perhaps it was relative success with such a young program. I can tell you UCF fans don't see things this way and our coaches sure dont. Never underestimate your opponent.

USFs successes are nothing to scoff at, but some of you guys are delusional. #2 is impressive , but wasn't it an early midseason ranking? Beating FSU is impressive, but wasn't it at a relative low? UCF lost to Miami by 1 as a mid major..close game...would have been a big deal if we would have won then, but don't think we would be holding onto that today. What was USF's overall record against fsu and miami? Pretty sure you beat them at their worst.

Hey, you still beat them..kudos...but neither USF nor UCF should be looking g down on any program. You guys were really fortunate to start a football program and walk into the Big East. Unfortunately there is no such thing as the BCS anymore. Imagine being a d3 football program, working your way to d1 over 25 years, getting passed over by a school a few years old 90 miles away, finally making a BCS conference, having that stripped away and to top it off p5/g5 being a worse division than bcs/ midmajor. I think you have an entitled fanbase, but some of you get it. Hopefully we both get picked up by big12 somehow someway. Only way will be to go through tv nnetworks. Maybe **** Nunis can make some calls to ESPN. He is on our board..lol.

Yea, it was because of the quick jump to the Big East and the #2 ranking that has a lot of our fans being delusional. It's time to come back down to Earth, but still being optimistic about the future.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan doesn't care about the new OC/DC in regrads to Taggart's job security. He's had his 2 year experimental/testing/recruiting/figure it out phase and now it's time to win.

We play in the tragedy known as the american athletic conference. USF should be winning 8 games a year minimum moving forward playing in this conference.

you do realize a big part of why people thinks this conference is a tradegy is because we are a part of it,right?

BTW I don't think we are positioned any better than SMU Houston Cincy UCF ECU etc.

Not sure why so many of our fans think we are some blue blood that should look down on our conference competition.

We are not college football royalty. Some of our fans need to wake up and realize this.

Wow. Hats off to you sir. This is one of the biggest misconceptions by the USF fanbase. You are spot on that football is cyclical and many programs that haven't had big success in years of late have done big things in their past. Case in point is Memphis. I am not sure what causes your fans to be this way. Perhaps it was relative success with such a young program. I can tell you UCF fans don't see things this way and our coaches sure dont. Never underestimate your opponent.

USFs successes are nothing to scoff at, but some of you guys are delusional. #2 is impressive , but wasn't it an early midseason ranking? Beating FSU is impressive, but wasn't it at a relative low? UCF lost to Miami by 1 as a mid major..close game...would have been a big deal if we would have won then, but don't think we would be holding onto that today. What was USF's overall record against fsu and miami? Pretty sure you beat them at their worst.

Hey, you still beat them..kudos...but neither USF nor UCF should be looking g down on any program. You guys were really fortunate to start a football program and walk into the Big East. Unfortunately there is no such thing as the BCS anymore. Imagine being a d3 football program, working your way to d1 over 25 years, getting passed over by a school a few years old 90 miles away, finally making a BCS conference, having that stripped away and to top it off p5/g5 being a worse division than bcs/ midmajor. I think you have an entitled fanbase, but some of you get it. Hopefully we both get picked up by big12 somehow someway. Only way will be to go through tv nnetworks. Maybe **** Nunis can make some calls to ESPN. He is on our board..lol.

Yea, it was because of the quick jump to the Big East and the #2 ranking that has a lot of our fans being delusional. It's time to come back down to Earth, but still being optimistic about the future.

I can't see USF being bad past next year. Beyond that, both our programs can be that program in the access bowl. We have to build rivalry and tradition and both schools are bringing in the right opposition. We need our stadiums packed and ridiculous tv ratings for fox/espn to push for us. I am hoping we get there in 5 years

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Wow. Hats off to you sir--- you get it. Your fanbase should not being looking down and not to sound condescending put it reeks of a young fanbase who hasn't seen bad times. You are spot on that football is cyclical and many programs that haven't had big success in years of late have done big things in their past. Other programs are now finding success and being the best of the rest could help these progams... Case in point is Memphis. I am not sure what causes your fans to be this way. Perhaps it was relative success with such a young program. I can tell you UCF fans don't see things this way and our coaches never have and never will. Never underestimate your opponent.

USFs successes are nothing to scoff at, but some of you guys are delusional. #2 is impressive , but wasn't it an early midseason ranking? Beating FSU is impressive, but wasn't it at a relative low? UCF lost to Miami by 1 as a mid major..close game in the same time period...would it have been a big deal if we would have won then as a midmajor? Sure, but I don't think we would be holding onto that today. What was USF's overall record against fsu and miami during that time? Pretty sure you beat them at their worst years.

Hey, you still beat them..kudos..more than we have done....but neither USF nor UCF should be looking down on any program. And many of you act like you were conference champs beating bcs competition week in and week out...with a BCS tag you simply werent...get over it. You guys were really fortunate to start a football program and walk into the Big East. Unfortunately there is no such thing as the BCS anymore. Imagine being a d3 football program, working your way to d1 over 25 years, getting passed over by a school FB program a few years old 90 miles away, finally making a BCS conference, having that stripped away and to top it off p5/g5 being a worse division than bcs/ midmajor. I think you have an entitled fanbase, but some of you get it. Stop whining. And another thing...pulling your tickets is weak. Try 0-17 and we were still there pretty strong..support your football program until it corrects itself rather than act like a spoiled brat. Hopefully we both get picked up by big12 somehow someway. Only way will be to go through tv nnetworks. Maybe **** Nunis can make some calls to ESPN. He is on our board..lol.

THE BEST post in years!

100% agree with every word, unless we get a shot at the ACC...

Thank you Mr. Bash.

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

If we are truly going to the spread we should be advertising that to recruits. There is still time get a good QB commit. I don't think any decent QB wants to come play in the USF offense of the past 2 years.

The 3 star ( 247 ) QB that is coming from Ohio is decent no ? Brett Kean is his name . He just took his team to the State of Ohio,s Div. 1 High School Football state title . And he is chopping at the bit to get to USF .

No, if you're relying on him to be the great QB we need, then you're gonna have a bad time. He's average at best.

Right now, I'd settle for average.

I'd settle for average too, but he's not going to play as a true freshman. My hope is we snag a transfer/JUCO that can play immediately, more like a Brissett/Trickett, not like a Bench.

Why wouldn't he play as a true freshman? CWT plays true freshmen all the time...