• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big 12 Conference Should Add USF And UCF Before Anyone Else

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

^^^ I understand all that. But I think it's a good thing that people still care enough about the program to write a letter to the editor. Better than silence in the community about the state we're in, IMHO.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

^^^ I understand all that. But I think it's a good thing that people still care enough about the program to write a letter to the editor. Better than silence in the community about the state we're in, IMHO.

he cares enough to write a letter but not buy tickets.

kind of pointless as it will take money not opinions to fund a successful program.

Edited by Bull94

kind of pointless as it will take money not opinions to fund a successful program.

Even if he doesn't buy tickets now, maybe he will in the future. He apparently intends to send his kids there. Maybe they'll buy tickets too one day. At least there's potential there.

Or, he could give up on USF and send his kids to UF. Not what I'd prefer (even though I went to both schools).

My point is that USF could use the support, financial and otherwise, because so long as fans care there remains the possibility of future support. I'm glad some support still exists out there in the community, even if it isn't financial support at this time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Bull94 nailed it.  But it is nice that he cares.  :wtf:

Even if he doesn't buy tickets now, maybe he will in the future. He apparently intends to send his kids there. Maybe they'll buy tickets too one day. At least there's potential there.

Or, he could give up on USF and send his kids to UF. Not what I'd prefer (even though I went to both schools).

My point is that USF could use the support, financial and otherwise, because so long as fans care there remains the possibility of future support. I'm glad some support still exists out there in the community, even if it isn't financial support at this time.

no offense but that's not support, financial or otherwise. it's whining for someone to do something for you with no effort on your part.

• Upvote 1

Bull94 nailed it.  But it is nice that he cares.  :wtf:

+1

Thank god for true support from fans like you Ricky. We need 10,000 more of you and 1 less of him.

People who complain about problems and don't do anything to try and solve them drive me crazy.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

The only way that USF ever has a chance... is if -- the BIG12 is in danger of falling apart -- because two schools decide to leave to the P4.

;-)

no offense but that's not support, financial or otherwise. it's whining for someone to do something for you with no effort on your part.

No offense taken. But that's a very cynical way of looking at things. It suggests that unless you buy season tickets you cannot reasonably be emotionally invested in the team. I bet Harlan doesn't feel that way. Folks that merely follow the team today become season ticket holders tomorrow.

You're right that financial support is critical, but I think it's a mistake to suggest that no one else has a right to even care (i.e. "whine") about the state of the program. Although clearly people who invest more than just emotions have a greater stake. They, too, should be writing letters!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No offense taken. But that's a very cynical way of looking at things. It suggests that unless you buy season tickets you cannot reasonably be emotionally invested in the team. I bet Harlan doesn't feel that way. Folks that merely follow the team today become season ticket holders tomorrow.

You're right that financial support is critical, but I think it's a mistake to suggest that no one else has a right to even care (i.e. "whine") about the state of the program. Although clearly people who invest more than just emotions have a greater stake. They, too, should be writing letters!

This guy is totally pointless

People who have invested money in the program - enough money to sway decision-making, that is - know they don't have to write a letter to a freaken newspaper to have their voice heard.

If you want to sway decision-making in USF athletics, you do it by writing checks, not whingey little crybaby letters, not even sent to the addressee

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

And besides, 99% of USF fans DO NOT WANT to be in the B12. They're willing to hold their nose because it's the last obvious P5 slot, but the ACC is the dream home. Heck, even the American - with equal level of funding - would be preferable to the B12.