• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big 12 Conference Should Add USF And UCF Before Anyone Else

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

And besides, 99% of USF fans DO NOT WANT to be in the B12. They're willing to hold their nose because it's the last obvious P5 slot, but the ACC is the dream home.

Heck, even the American - with equal level of funding - would be preferable to the B12.

You don't get it. The American is dead. Programs stuck in the AAC conference will NEVER SNIFF A TOP 4 Ranking. The P5 is stopping the playing of G5 schools. SOS means everything.

Charsibb is correct

Equal funding would push the prestige of the AAC

The main reason teams bailed was $$$.  That is what led to the decline/end/split of OBEast and birth of the AAC.

If ESPN would pay the AAC the same amount as a "P5" conference, then they would be pimping the AAC out as much as them (meaning bowl game access, TV, etc)

...And suddenly, "magically", AAC teams would be considered much stronger SoS opponents (being that rankings are pretty much arbitrary anyways)

And the AAC would then be considered a "P6" conference

ESPN is the puppeteer of CFB, they pull the strings behind the scenes.

They wouldn't pay a conference as much just to push/keep them down

You're obviously dreaming that somehow, someone is going to magically pay the same amount for the AAC as they do the Big10. Since it is just a dream why not dream bigger and expect the AAC to get MORE money than the other conferences and that Ohio State and a Texas will be forced to join the AAC?

:facepalm:

Reading comprehension issues?

Where did I (or Charsibb) ever say we expect that to happen ( I know I didn't, please feel free to point out where I did.)

I'm referring to Chars speculation, which is correct.  It doesn't mean it will ever come anywhere close to a slight possibility.

If you're admittedly talking about stuff that you that you don't think will ever be a possibility why not wish for Ohio State and Texas to join the AAC while you're at it? All I was saying.

Wow.  You really have issues understanding.

It's OK... Maybe someday you'll learn.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Getting equal pay to the AAC is a dream to be sure.

Joining a conference with Texas would be a nightmare.

Do none of you remember just a few short years ago when the B12 was on the brink of failure?

Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou and aTm all left because of Texas, who was playing the P12 card.

The B12 is decidedly NOT a stable conference. It just happens to be rich at the moment.

If (somehow) we could make the ACC payouts equal, the confernce would be much more stable than the B12, and the road trips would be 100x better.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

And besides, 99% of USF fans DO NOT WANT to be in the B12. They're willing to hold their nose because it's the last obvious P5 slot, but the ACC is the dream home.

Heck, even the American - with equal level of funding - would be preferable to the B12.

You don't get it. The American is dead. Programs stuck in the AAC conference will NEVER SNIFF A TOP 4 Ranking. The P5 is stopping the playing of G5 schools. SOS means everything.

Charsibb is correct

Equal funding would push the prestige of the AAC

The main reason teams bailed was $$$. That is what led to the decline/end/split of OBEast and birth of the AAC.

If ESPN would pay the AAC the same amount as a "P5" conference, then they would be pimping the AAC out as much as them (meaning bowl game access, TV, etc)

...And suddenly, "magically", AAC teams would be considered much stronger SoS opponents (being that rankings are pretty much arbitrary anyways)

And the AAC would then be considered a "P6" conference

ESPN is the puppeteer of CFB, they pull the strings behind the scenes.

They wouldn't pay a conference as much just to push/keep them down

You're obviously dreaming that somehow, someone is going to magically pay the same amount for the AAC as they do the Big10. Since it is just a dream why not dream bigger and expect the AAC to get MORE money than the other conferences and that Ohio State and a Texas will be forced to join the AAC?

Reading comprehension issues?

Where did I (or Charsibb) ever say we expect that to happen ( I know I didn't, please feel free to point out where I did.)

I'm referring to Chars speculation, which is correct. It doesn't mean it will ever come anywhere close to a slight possibility.

If you're admittedly talking about stuff that you that you don't think will ever be a possibility why not wish for Ohio State and Texas to join the AAC while you're at it? All I was saying.

Wow. You really have issues understanding.

It's OK... Maybe someday you'll learn.

Sorry bro, just trying to understand your post. You are the one talking if's and magic. I'm not the one with a comprehension issue. Why can't OSU and Texas be part of the magic and if's?

"If ESPN would pay the AAC the same amount as a "P5" conference, then they would be pimping the AAC out as much as them (meaning bowl game access, TV, etc)

And the AAC would then be considered a "P6" conference"

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly it hurts that Boise State got the access bowl spot this year. The AAC can make some strides toward being a P6 type conference, but the bottom half of the conference needs to improve quite a bit and we need to start winning OOC and bowl games. The AAC should be the favorite for the access bowl year in and year out. The AAC needs to get to the access bowl and win a good portion of those games for the next 5-10 years. It is not an ideal conference, but the Big 12 isn't ideal either.

Honestly it hurts that Boise State got the access bowl spot this year. The AAC can make some strides toward being a P6 type conference, but the bottom half of the conference needs to improve quite a bit and we need to start winning OOC and bowl games. The AAC should be the favorite for the access bowl year in and year out. The AAC needs to get to the access bowl and win a good portion of those games for the next 5-10 years.

It is not an ideal conference, but the Big 12 isn't ideal either.

Last place team in the Big12 gets $26 million per year, 1st place in AAC is worth $6 million.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Last place in the AAC is worth $6 million too. Woooooo!

Honestly it hurts that Boise State got the access bowl spot this year. The AAC can make some strides toward being a P6 type conference, but the bottom half of the conference needs to improve quite a bit and we need to start winning OOC and bowl games. The AAC should be the favorite for the access bowl year in and year out. The AAC needs to get to the access bowl and win a good portion of those games for the next 5-10 years.

It is not an ideal conference, but the Big 12 isn't ideal either.

Last place team in the Big12 gets $26 million per year, 1st place in AAC is worth $6 million.

Reminds me of an old joke.

The person who graduates first in their med school class is called ...

Valedictorian, of course.

The person who graduates LAST in their class is called what?

Doctor.

Which conf would you rather be in?

ACC FTW!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

SEC :D