• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need to capitalize on this and YOU ALL can have an effect

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

UF football is in a standstill and experiencing their own changes.  UM football has not been what they used to be in a long time.  Both of those programs have not had the same appeal with their rivalry against FSU. 

We need to embrace UCF and vice versa as if we are brothers.  We can both hate each other because that's what we do in sports, but we need them just as much as they need us.  We need to talk the rivalry up like it has been the best for both programs, even if it is not true, and that we could be our own brand of "Rivalry" in the state of Florida.  Even though it is just rumors going around about the Big 12 expansion, we all need to be sales people and start selling the positive factors involving USF and UCF.  I mean, from one coast to the other, the vast amount of alumni and potential interest in a new rivalry is ready to blossom.  We can all contribute and get both of us into a P5 by talking a big game about the potentials of having both of these teams in a P5 conference.  To who, you shall say?  To anyone!  Even to FSU, UF, and UM fans.  In this country, where not only money talks, but also rumors (true or not) spread like a virus.  If you truly care about your Alma mater be the sales person that can sell the gum off the bottom of your shoe.  Pretend you are telling the little league coach your son/daughter can hit the crap out of the ball even when you know he/she is afraid of standing at the plate.  Worry about how you are going to teach him to hit later.  Let's get that opportunity!

I thought our players did one thing really well regarding our last game with UCF:  talked a big game.  Yes, we got shut-out, but I believe they were trying to do more than just hyping themselves up for the game.  And that was to sell the the next big thing:  USF vs UCF!!  Don't dwell on the negatives, because there will always be at least one, even during times of success.  If we don't all effect more positive images of this brand (USF vs UCF), we will find ourselves joining UAB very soon.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

We need to take care of our own house and get things right instead of talking up anything. This is time for action.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hmmm, sleep with the Devil's wife to get into a better conference...I like it, I like it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think the disdain for UCF is one of the few "organic traditions" we have as a school. As much as some thought it would be beneath us to continue playing them after going 4-0, I always thought playing them would be great for both fan bases. UCF is about as natural as a rival as I think we have. I can't wait for the game in Orlando next year; I just hope we're much more competitive as a team.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

We have to worry about becoming a respectable program before we are trying to sell our program to anyone..

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

As in most things, just win and the rest will take care of itself.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm ready, what do I need to do again?

Dqd3C.gif

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The one thing all of us need to do is double down on the program when it's down rather than pulling support.   Donate more, retain your season tickets, try to bring more people to games etc.  Instead there are people here pulling donations and not renewing season tickets.  Your donations, season tickets, and attendance are the only things you can truly control when it comes to bettering the program.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

They problem with the rivalry to this point is aside from the 2007 game there has been a lack of fan interest from one side or the other because one team or the other has been struggling. I think if both programs are competing for the conference championship, this has the potential to be a great rivalry. Hopefully we can to that level in the next couple years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm ready, what do I need to do again?

Dqd3C.gif

Did I say two fingers???

Better make it three.

Road-Trip-2.jpg