• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Word around the campfire.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Coach T doesn't have the  personnel (Coaches),  or he doesn't let the coaches call the plays as they should. He took over most of the play calling and we saw how that played out.  The lack of discipline is all on the coaching.  How many chop blocks this season esp late in the year, or stupid penalties at crucial times in the game.  (UCF game first and goal at the one to get 0 points, is just Pathetic and a new LOW) (fans of this program should be outraged that he allowed OUR team to get Shut out at home to UCif).

We don't have the players to show marked improvement next season considering the players we are losing as well.   We need a QB or 2,(none have shown anything this year that leads many to believe they will lead this team to a bowl game).   We need several for the Oline,  We need Receivers ( Davis is gone ( USF record holder in how many categories?), (we need receiver's  that actually know how to catch a ball.   We need a Kicker (Kloss is gone, he was a Groza award finalist) ,  We need D linemen, and Depth at EVERY POSITION.  

Even if he pulls in a TOP 50 class (which will be tuff this year) I don't see getting everything we need to turn this around in ONE YEAR. (he will use the excuse that he is "playing a young team and needs time to get it right") . (After all we are "Not Alabama")

I bought in to Coach T hook line and sinker like many, Unfort the last 4-5 weeks my eyes were opened to the fact that he is ALL TALK  and not that good as a head coach.  Don't get me wrong, I like him personally  I bought into the talk ( the Bus , Do Something ect...)   but I now believe that talk is to cover the ineptness in the coaching ability.  He is a good recruiter though.  Too bad we cant demote him to a coordinator or just a recruiter and get a coach that is a PROVEN winner at this level.

I think Paul Wulff was a bad hire

I think we have no idea if Wulff was a bad hire.  But it was probably a good one.  Wulff did a great job in spring and early in the year of streamlining the offense and running a crisp, up tempo offense.  Sure, it wasn't perfect, but play calls were getting in and there was a bit of something going on.  CWT didn't like what was happening and jumped in to "help".  By the end of the season we were once again trying to run up the line and snap the ball with 7 seconds on the clock and there was zero continuity.

I do not have definitive proof, but I saw CWT plenty of times take 20 seconds or so just to get a play call in, and he was the one making the call.  He is indecisive and it kills the offense, along with the general lack of imagination.  If CWT had Stanford's Oline, or played WKU's schedule he could get away with it because the OLine would dominate most games.  Therefore we could run the ball even if they knew it was coming.  We play defenses that are closer in personnel to our offense, so that crap don't work.  That blows up the whole offense, but CWT isn't smart enough to figure it out.

We need a scheme that doesn't require vastly superior talent.

I agree with both of you.  I know that CWT made Wulf a figure head and that was not what he was hired to do so we really don't know what he can do. 

At first he was calling the plays and showed potential.  From what I understand not only did CWT get his fingers in the offense he would not let Bres. change back to a 4-3 defense which was working for us. CWT strikes again.  I was hoping that Harlan would basically say my way or the highway.  Which would mean a change in scheme to fit the personnel on hand and stop fitting a square peg into a round hole.  CWT needs to have the playbook taken away from him on game time and he should just watch and manage.  .......Oh and for heaven's sakes show a little emotion.   Have season tickets for B-Ball and when COA blew the team out on Saturday the whole Sun Dome heard him.  Now, that's a coach.  It at least is bringing results.  The players listened.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Word around the campfire, smores are awesome 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Coach T doesn't have the  personnel (Coaches),  or he doesn't let the coaches call the plays as they should. He took over most of the play calling and we saw how that played out.  The lack of discipline is all on the coaching.  How many chop blocks this season esp late in the year, or stupid penalties at crucial times in the game.  (UCF game first and goal at the one to get 0 points, is just Pathetic and a new LOW) (fans of this program should be outraged that he allowed OUR team to get Shut out at home to UCif).

We don't have the players to show marked improvement next season considering the players we are losing as well.   We need a QB or 2,(none have shown anything this year that leads many to believe they will lead this team to a bowl game).   We need several for the Oline,  We need Receivers ( Davis is gone ( USF record holder in how many categories?), (we need receiver's  that actually know how to catch a ball.   We need a Kicker (Kloss is gone, he was a Groza award finalist) ,  We need D linemen, and Depth at EVERY POSITION.  

Even if he pulls in a TOP 50 class (which will be tuff this year) I don't see getting everything we need to turn this around in ONE YEAR. (he will use the excuse that he is "playing a young team and needs time to get it right") . (After all we are "Not Alabama")

I bought in to Coach T hook line and sinker like many, Unfort the last 4-5 weeks my eyes were opened to the fact that he is ALL TALK  and not that good as a head coach.  Don't get me wrong, I like him personally  I bought into the talk ( the Bus , Do Something ect...)   but I now believe that talk is to cover the ineptness in the coaching ability.  He is a good recruiter though.  Too bad we cant demote him to a coordinator or just a recruiter and get a coach that is a PROVEN winner at this level.

I think Paul Wulff was a bad hire

I think we have no idea if Wulff was a bad hire.  But it was probably a good one.  Wulff did a great job in spring and early in the year of streamlining the offense and running a crisp, up tempo offense.  Sure, it wasn't perfect, but play calls were getting in and there was a bit of something going on.  CWT didn't like what was happening and jumped in to "help".  By the end of the season we were once again trying to run up the line and snap the ball with 7 seconds on the clock and there was zero continuity.

I do not have definitive proof, but I saw CWT plenty of times take 20 seconds or so just to get a play call in, and he was the one making the call.  He is indecisive and it kills the offense, along with the general lack of imagination.  If CWT had Stanford's Oline, or played WKU's schedule he could get away with it because the OLine would dominate most games.  Therefore we could run the ball even if they knew it was coming.  We play defenses that are closer in personnel to our offense, so that crap don't work.  That blows up the whole offense, but CWT isn't smart enough to figure it out.

We need a scheme that doesn't require vastly superior talent.

I agree with both of you.  I know that CWT made Wulf a figure head and that was not what he was hired to do so we really don't know what he can do. 

At first he was calling the plays and showed potential.  From what I understand not only did CWT get his fingers in the offense he would not let Bres. change back to a 4-3 defense which was working for us. CWT strikes again.  I was hoping that Harlan would basically say my way or the highway.  Which would mean a change in scheme to fit the personnel on hand and stop fitting a square peg into a round hole.  CWT needs to have the playbook taken away from him on game time and he should just watch and manage.  .......Oh and for heaven's sakes show a little emotion.   Have season tickets for B-Ball and when COA blew the team out on Saturday the whole Sun Dome heard him.  Now, that's a coach.  It at least is bringing results.  The players listened.

That's because the place was a mausoleum-like echo chamber on Saturday ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Pass me one, and I have the perfect scary ghost story for you campers.

Let me tell you about USF football in 2013/2014 ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Pass me one, and I have the perfect scary ghost story for you campers.

Let me tell you about USF football in 2013/2014 ...

No!  Make it stop!!!!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing specific, but ...

Taggart will be speaking to both DC & OC and a decision will be made. Changes will be made. Urgency regarding changes and on to recruiting and getting ready for 2015.

Tweaking the Offense to the personnel is being considered.

Coaching of QB's needs to improved.

If Taggart hasn't had his meeting with the A.D., then his meeting with the OC and the DC would not surprise me. That way Taggart can tell them what lies he's going to tell Harland about our poor performance on the field this year and tell them they better go along or he'll make it hell for them if they're still around come next season. Just like the lies he has been feeding us all season. Like our poor performance on the field this year is everybody else's fault but Taggarts. Our poor performance this year is due to multiple injured players due to the head coach throwing them under the bus and not taking any responsibility himself.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We also had very few injuries this season.  Yet another reason we should have been better this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

We also had very few injuries this season.  Yet another reason we should have been better this year.

I disagree, I thought we had one or two key players out every game. 

Davis

Rodney Adams

Thor

Chandler missed Wisc

etc

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Watch for key assistant changes, the goal will be to strengthen the ancillary staff to make CWT more of a CEO game manager....

Think chess like, not checkers on upcoming changes....  will take a while though