• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TODAY! IS WHEN CWT PROVES THE................

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Only thing Taggart will prove is that he is not a good coach and firing him would not be inappropriate.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Only thing Taggart will prove is that he is not a good coach and firing him would not be inappropriate.

QFT

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

BD I have full faith in COA and men's hoops. They'll not be any good this year. Again, he's instilling his culture. I'm a huge hoops guy.

I don't get fans that don't understand a win is a win by 1 or 100. Watch the chatter later if Central Florida smashes SMU today. The fans will not disappoint with their diagnosis.

I agree that a win is a win! Was happy that USF escaped Dallas with a win, I know we are not where we need to be, but we must enjoy the small victories as we may not win again on the football field this season. The new AD Harlan will make sure to do what he can to start winning in both football and basketball. It is a great time to be  USF fan because you will see them climb back up. GO BULLS!

Not trying to be an ass about this.  I have a serious question to understand the mindset.  If we lose the next two games and continue to play the same bad football we have been playing, do you still think there was improvement simply because we beat an FCS team and 3 of the absolute worst teams in college football?  

You can make improvement as a team without winning.  You can actually be worse as a team without winning.  I am looking for fundamental improvement from this team and I have not seen it.  Maybe slightly better on offense, but much worse on defense which makes the team worse than last year.  So far I see the record better simply because we were matched up against a worse FCS team and SMU that is ridiculously bad this year as opposed to having to play UL and Rutgers this year.

I think Harlan looks at those wins and says that we were very lucky to win two of those games. He will say that we are not playing UL or RU and will count those as losses. He will see this as CWT is not the football coach that he hired. He will see if there is a home run hire out there. IF THERE ARE NO HOME RUN HIRES that want to coach USF, there will not be a change. It is as simple as that. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

You all are dreaming.  This team is who they are coached to be and they will get run over by a team with much less talent but infinitely better coaching.  Please Mark Harlan, end this charade after today.

There have been rumors that the USF game against UCF may seal his fate with Harlan, Harlan knows that USF has no excuse to lose to our rivals, so that game is huge for CWT. So dont expect anything after Memphis game. 

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CWT just was not ready for this type of coaching.

I can see him as a RB coach at a larger program or NFL

CWT just was not ready for this type of coaching.

I can see him as a RB coach at a larger program or NFL

Agree. Good recruiter. Not ready for coaching at AAC level.  His best season was 7-5 in SUN BELT conference, so I am not sure he has it. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You all are dreaming.  This team is who they are coached to be and they will get run over by a team with much less talent but infinitely better coaching.  Please Mark Harlan, end this charade after today.

There have been rumors that the USF game against UCF may seal his fate with Harlan, Harlan knows that USF has no excuse to lose to our rivals, so that game is huge for CWT. So dont expect anything after Memphis game.

:facepalm:

See what I mean? He uses similar logic in his OCS plea.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

You people crack me up. We can't afford to fire him and we are SUPPOSED/Expected to lose today. They are a better team all around. So all you'll are doing is trying to boost yourselves up with I told you so's. We beat the people we were supposed to beat, and can potentially beat some we aren't supposed to. I support cwt and I do see a difference in this team. Not a consistent difference but a positive one.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Firing him won't change anything, only put us further in the hole. And I'm sure Harlan had enough sense to see that. Whether cwt is his guy or not.

You people crack me up. We can't afford to fire him and we are SUPPOSED/Expected to lose today. They are a better team all around. So all you'll are doing is trying to boost yourselves up with I told you so's. We beat the people we were supposed to beat, and can potentially beat some we aren't supposed to. I support cwt and I do see a difference in this team. Not a consistent difference but a positive one.

I beg to differ. Fan read to much V5 that think we cant afford to fire him. That is one of the most said myths about USF. Talk to the boosters about being able to afford to fire CWT.  I do agree with you in that this team is better than last season. I do agree that CWT has recruted well. CWT needs to have a good showin against Memphis and UCF to make sure he gets another season. That is all I will say.