• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TODAY! IS WHEN CWT PROVES THE................

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

He's not being fired. What should be demanded is that he simply relinquish control of the offense completely to a coordinator that we can hire to run whatever offense the coordinator wants to run. He seems like he'd be fine in the PR and recruiting aspect of being a head coach and even handling the players he seems good. He just can't run an offense and won't get out of his on way to success.

ala Bobby Bowden

I like it. I just don't see his ego agreeing to it.

Good point, and I think I agree

Which means it's the easiest way to "fire" him - make the job so onerous that he quits.

Harlan should sit him down, and say, "This offseason I'm going to hire a DC and an OC for you. You WILL let them do their jobs. They will eork the sidelines, and you will work the booth. If you don't like it, leave."

Then it's all on Willie

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

To think USF cannot afford to fire Taggart is just stupid.  It is not as if USF is holding bake sales to keep the program afloat.  If keeping Taggart on as head coach yields in diminished returns, i.e. ticket sales, that outweighs just firing him and buying out his contract, then Taggart is a goner.

Is the question, can USF afford to fire Taggart or can they afford to NOT fire Taggart.  That is the mark of a quality AD.

Case in point, USF men's BB.  Coach OA is working with a very young squad, yet he coached a competitive game against NCST on the road.  While USF lost, the team showed fight and potential.  That is a good indicator that Coach OA already has a good grasp of how to coach the team and what direction he wants to take the team. 

Remember Taggart's first game?  A very bad loss to an FCS team?  Instead of optimism, the first thing I thought was "WHAT THE FUDGE?"  Ever since then, there has been nothing but WHAT THE FUDGE moments with this team.

+1  & Also when have you seen CWT go out on the field to check on a hurt player, let alone help the player off the field?  COA was right there when (Holston?) went down at NCSU.  He was the one putting his arm around him and assisting him off the court.  That is class!!!!!!!!.......Also remember COA started with only 3 returning players from last year's team and the other 10 are brand new.  What a difference in coaching ability to show such a turnaround in production and attitude from the team in just 4 games

on the court vs. what we have seen over the last 2 yr. from CWT.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

To think USF cannot afford to fire Taggart is just stupid.  It is not as if USF is holding bake sales to keep the program afloat.  If keeping Taggart on as head coach yields in diminished returns, i.e. ticket sales, that outweighs just firing him and buying out his contract, then Taggart is a goner.

Is the question, can USF afford to fire Taggart or can they afford to NOT fire Taggart.  That is the mark of a quality AD.

Case in point, USF men's BB.  Coach OA is working with a very young squad, yet he coached a competitive game against NCST on the road.  While USF lost, the team showed fight and potential.  That is a good indicator that Coach OA already has a good grasp of how to coach the team and what direction he wants to take the team. 

Remember Taggart's first game?  A very bad loss to an FCS team?  Instead of optimism, the first thing I thought was "WHAT THE FUDGE?"  Ever since then, there has been nothing but WHAT THE FUDGE moments with this team.

+1  & Also when have you seen CWT go out on the field to check on a hurt player, let alone help the player off the field?  COA was right there when (Holston?) went down at NCSU.  He was the one putting his arm around him and assisting him off the court.  That is class!!!!!!!!.......Also remember COA started with only 3 returning players from last year's team and the other 10 are brand new.  What a difference in coaching ability to show such a turnaround in production and attitude from the team in just 4 games

this

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

To think USF cannot afford to fire Taggart is just stupid. It is not as if USF is holding bake sales to keep the program afloat. If keeping Taggart on as head coach yields in diminished returns, i.e. ticket sales, that outweighs just firing him and buying out his contract, then Taggart is a goner.

Is the question, can USF afford to fire Taggart or can they afford to NOT fire Taggart. That is the mark of a quality AD.

Case in point, USF men's BB. Coach OA is working with a very young squad, yet he coached a competitive game against NCST on the road. While USF lost, the team showed fight and potential. That is a good indicator that Coach OA already has a good grasp of how to coach the team and what direction he wants to take the team.

Remember Taggart's first game? A very bad loss to an FCS team? Instead of optimism, the first thing I thought was "WHAT THE FUDGE?" Ever since then, there has been nothing but WHAT THE FUDGE moments with this team.

+1 & Also when have you seen CWT go out on the field to check on a hurt player, let alone help the player off the field? COA was right there when (Holston?) went down at NCSU. He was the one putting his arm around him and assisting him off the court. That is class!!!!!!!!.......Also remember COA started with only 3 returning players from last year's team and the other 10 are brand new. What a difference in coaching ability to show such a turnaround in production and attitude from the team in just 4 games

this
Those Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

HIRE BUTCH DAVIS

If that's the case.. let me just get started a year or two early:

FIRE BUTCH DAVIS

Might as well start these also.....

Butch Davis > Leavitt > Hotlz > Taggart

...and "It's Taggart's fault"

Edited by Bulls2k
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

5c1b864ca05c417427107effeeb380a74e5619a3

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'm sure, just like when Holtz was fired while under contract, the week after the last game Taggart and Harlan are going to review his progress over the season and decide on if he's fired or not.

I'm sure, just like when Holtz was fired while under contract, the week after the last game Taggart and Harlan are going to review his progress over the season and decide on if he's fired or not.

Progress, really  that's a joke.  someone should send Harlan the voodoo 5 article, wow 4 wins against teams that have had a combined what 4 wins??

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Progress, really  that's a joke.  someone should send Harlan the voodoo 5 article, wow 4 wins against teams that have had a combined what 4 wins??

They have a combined 11 wins. At least we didn't lose any of those games :D

Trying to lighten the mood. Ya'll acting like a stick is... somewhere unpleasant.

Edited by Sipher

At least we didn't lose any of those games :D

Trying to lighten the mood. Ya'll acting like a stick is... somewhere unpleasant.

At least we didn't lose any of those games :D

I'm actually laughing reading all of the posts, I gave up being angry about $1000 ago.