• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IF we beat UCF is the season considered successful?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The funny thing is how bad this board would be if we had beaten Maryland, Wisconsin, or ECU and lost to UConn, WCU, or SMU.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm just tired of our wins feeling like we tripped and fell onto a W, and that's against teams we should be beating.

IMO there's a difference between success and improvement.  Continual improvement will lead to sustained success.  There should be levels of success; 1.  Go to a bowl game, 2.  Win a bowl game, 3.  Win the conference, 4.  Get into the playoffs, 5.  Win the National Championship

• Upvote 1

I'm just tired of our wins feeling like we tripped and fell onto a W, and that's against teams we should be beating.

Would you rather we lose those?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I also think we would feel a little better if we could have won those at home.  At least we'd have something to cheer about in the 4th quarter!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

dull sword, but cuts deeply and only inflicts fleshy wounds

black-knight.jpg

I think you're finally getting it .....

And it's still mind boggling that Ga thinks the The Big Lebowski is better than that movie ...

Thinks?  

Who said anything about thinks? 

I don't think, I know ...

:D

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

IMO there's a difference between success and improvement.  Continual improvement will lead to sustained success.  There should be levels of success; 1.  Go to a bowl game, 2.  Win a bowl game, 3.  Win the conference, 4.  Get into the playoffs, 5.  Win the National Championship

I think your levels of success (while valid and should certainly be our goals) are lofty for the current state of this program and youth of this team.

If we can turn 1 or 2 of those "close but well played losses" this year into wins next year, that will be a marked improvement and provide us with success. 

in that case instead of being 4-6, we are maybe 5-5 or at best 6-4 at this point in the season. Which I guess would make us bowl eligible (or close to it) and cover number 1 on your list...hmmpf...maybe those levels aren't so lofty after all

except for the last one...I don' think that's happening until we are able to get into a better conference. lol

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So, how bout that local sports team?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

dull sword, but cuts deeply and only inflicts fleshy wounds

black-knight.jpg

I think you're finally getting it .....

And it's still mind boggling that Ga thinks the The Big Lebowski is better than that movie ...

Thinks?  

Who said anything about thinks? 

I don't think, I know ...

:D

not even close, regardless of whether you're using african or european units of greatness

I think your levels of success (while valid and should certainly be our goals) are lofty for the current state of this program and youth of this team.

If we can turn 1 or 2 of those "close but well played losses" this year into wins next year, that will be a marked improvement and provide us with success. 

in that case instead of being 4-6, we are maybe 5-5 or at best 6-4 at this point in the season. Which I guess would make us bowl eligible (or close to it) and cover number 1 on your list...hmmpf...maybe those levels aren't so lofty after all

except for the last one...I don' think that's happening until we are able to get into a better conference. lol

Most likely true, but hopefully it is a goal of the team