• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IF we beat UCF is the season considered successful?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

For us to win the last 2 and finish 5-3 in conference would constitute a success. I can't remember finishing with a better conference record then 4-3 in the last 10 years.

We have never won 5 conference games in football.
5-3 in 2003. First year in CUSA.

Dang, good call .... At 7-4 overall, why didn't we get a bowl invite? Not as many bowl slots to fill as there are today?

We had 2 wins over 1-AA. Nichols state and charleston southern. I think someone bailed on us and believe it was Baylor.
It's all coming back now .... Thanks.

dion284.jpg

Be thankful I don't have banning powers ....

Ah, forgot, here's the one with POWER of the dream:

Listen-to-Celine-Dion-Power-Of-The-Dream

Why do I feel you went out to your car to check and see what the album cover looked like?

It wasn't my car, it was in my sock drawer. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Better than a brown paper wrapper to hide whatever videos are on that DVD, nicely done!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Nope.

If we don't get to 6 wins. Who cares if we beat UCF.

I agree with this ^^ Anything less than 6 wins would be anything but successful for this program.

Of course, who doesn't want to beat the golden showers but game means a little less with a loss this Saturday.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Nope.

If we don't get to 6 wins. Who cares if we beat UCF.

I agree with this ^^ Anything less than 6 wins would be anything but successful for this program.

Of course, who doesn't want to beat the golden showers but game means a little less with a loss this Saturday.

Both games would be great, but if we [edit] ONLY get a W at home vs UCiF, I think fans will be a lot more forgiving of the season. Just my opinion

Edited by raptorcj
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

So Hem thinks that I shouldn't have thrown out the 7-4 record of #166 ranked FCS Western Carolina when showing the cumulative records of the teams USF beat this year.  Then I guess if USF was 12-0 against high school teams they would be great and should be crowned national champs.  Stop drinking the Kool-Aid, USF is the 134th ranked team in the nation for a reason - they stink.

The following schools would be favorites against USF in football this year : Marshall, North Dakota State, Louisiana Tech, Northern Iowa, Jacksonville State, Illinois State, Arkansas State, South Dakota State, New Hampshire, Georgia Southern, Rice, Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga, Villanova, Fordham, Harvard, Eastern Washington, SE Louisiana, Indiana State, Youngstown State, UAB, Samford, Liberty, Idaho State, Missouri State, Richmond, James Madison, Montana, Texas State and Western Illinois. 

27 FCS teams are currently ranked better than USF!!!  Awful doesn't describe how bad this team is this season. 

I love how guys want to include home wins against FCS teams that are 0-47 lifetime against FBS schools to support their argument.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

So Hem thinks that I shouldn't have thrown out the 7-4 record of #166 ranked FCS Western Carolina when showing the cumulative records of the teams USF beat this year.  Then I guess if USF was 12-0 against high school teams they would be great and should be crowned national champs.  Stop drinking the Kool-Aid, USF is the 134th ranked team in the nation for a reason - they stink.

The following schools would be favorites against USF in football this year : Marshall, North Dakota State, Louisiana Tech, Northern Iowa, Jacksonville State, Illinois State, Arkansas State, South Dakota State, New Hampshire, Georgia Southern, Rice, Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga, Villanova, Fordham, Harvard, Eastern Washington, SE Louisiana, Indiana State, Youngstown State, UAB, Samford, Liberty, Idaho State, Missouri State, Richmond, James Madison, Montana, Texas State and Western Illinois. 

27 FCS teams are currently ranked better than USF!!!  Awful doesn't describe how bad this team is this season. 

I love how guys want to include home wins against FCS teams that are 0-47 lifetime against FBS schools to support their argument.

I have a hard time believing we would beat a lot of high schools with the play calling of Taggart.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

Maybe I am being too tough on Western Carolina.  They did bounce back after losing to USF 36-31 by beating Brevard and Catawba at home.  Just don't look to closely at their 51-0 loss to Chattanooga on the road.