• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball early signing period starts tomorrow (11/12)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Oracle article on early signing class with some quotes by CoachOA. It also briefly mentions Montero:

The school has yet to announce the addition of junior college transfer Luis Montero. According to ESPN.com, Montero committed to USF on Tuesday. The 6-foot-8 forward had offers from Alabama, Arizona, SMU and West Virginia.

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/856731/Antigua-adds-two-to-2015-class

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

my girlfriend will be into basketball now that we have a Brazilian on the team

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

75% of the team from last year transferring to other schools while Perry, Allen, and Collins decided to stay has been the best thing that could have ever happened to Antigua.    The team right now, even though it's against lower competition, already looks better then last year and with a few more top level recruits, they will be a legit threat to make the NCAA tourney next year.    Hopefully he can get them to the NIT this year and get some postseason experience for the younger guys.

LMFAO

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

75% of the team from last year transferring to other schools while Perry, Allen, and Collins decided to stay has been the best thing that could have ever happened to Antigua. The team right now, even though it's against lower competition, already looks better then last year and with a few more top level recruits, they will be a legit threat to make the NCAA tourney next year. Hopefully he can get them to the NIT this year and get some postseason experience for the younger guys.

LMFAO

For real. They actually have not yet looked better than last year at this point. They have shown better flashes, but over all it is about even.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

This year is different.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This year is different.

We'll see soon enough. The first two teams do not really tell us much. The next two games (UAB & NC State) will give us a much better indicator of where we're at. I think we could win against UAB and will lose to NC State, but could see two losses here. Regardless, I don't think it's fair to expect too much from this year.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

This year is different.

We'll see soon enough. The first two teams do not really tell us much. The next two games (UAB & NC State) will give us a much better indicator of where we're at. I think we could win against UAB and will lose to NC State, but could see two losses here. Regardless, I don't think it's fair to expect too much from this year.

On the contrary, I don't think it's fair to not expect much this year. Aren't we fans suppose to expect & hope for the best out of our teams? Why be a fan if you're just going to expect and accept failure?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This year is different.

On the contrary, I don't think it's fair to not expect much this year. Aren't we fans suppose to expect & hope for the best out of our teams? Why be a fan if you're just going to expect and accept failure?

First year head coach, half the team transferring, arguably our best player from last year is at UF now, center Guerrero out and not to mention, we were bad last year. My point was, let's see how we do against an average team and a decent/good team within the next 2 games. I'm a big fan of USF football, basketball and soccer. I just usually temper my expectations until I see something to have expectations.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We have played two games against lower level competition. We really know very little about this team.

I don't see how anyone can say they look better. We just don't know. They look different, maybe, because they are playing uptempo.

Before anyone gets sucked in to thinking this team is so much better, keep in mind we won our first 2 games last year by 10 points and then by 25 against similar competition.

Coach O is building nicely for the future and building, what looks to be a fun, exciting team to watch, but it is hard to expect so much from so many guys just seeing the floor for the first time.

This year it will be fun to watch the young guys develop and grow.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

my girlfriend will be into basketball now that we have a Brazilian on the team

Funny, you would think she'd already be into USF basketball since you're already so "gung ho" about your alma mater. :ph34r: