• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just wait 'til next year...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Has CWT ever developed a QB? All I know about WKU was he had 2 NFL RBs.

Judge for yourself .... Kawaun Jakes

CWT also had his QB's at WKU earn all conference honorable mentions for 3 consecutive years.

Funny how Slick still follows Skip to provide arguments vs Taggart and the current state of USF football, but fails to attempt any research on CWT.

His man-crush is incredible.

And for the record Slick, before the possible retort, I dont have a man-crush on CWT.

But I've always suspected it would be a long term rebuild given what Skip left us. USF was left in a worse situation than what CWT inherited in WKU. He got a team almost as bad as WKU but in a much better conference.

I expected the first two seasons to be pretty bad, while he recruits the base of the rebuild. However I do expect to see improvements next season.

I asked because I wasn't following him when he was at WKU, player development wise. Why should I? I've seen his w/l but that's it. I'm going to start calling you Rush Jr. since you like to babble on about labels for people.. Anyway Rush Jr., I know two WKU RBs made it to the NFL,,that happened while Taggart was here. And tell me why not compare our current with former coach? Fear? Bias? I asked a legit question considering the QB situation, Rush Jr..

I agree that it was a legit question. You were provided the data for an answer. Did I miss it?

That link you provided, that QB looked solid as a Fr before Taggart arrived. Might not be the best player to measure development. We need a young qb that needs development like we have and see where he progressed them into competent players. Yet to see it at USF. And hard to tell with Jakes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Rebuilding implies a lack of something, those 2011-12 teams lacked one thing. Coaching. Those weren't "rebuilding" years. They should've been "new coach" years with hindsight giving us that benefit.

So if Holtz can't coach other guys players, how is he 6 - 3 at La Tech this year, his 2nd year?

What can I say, dude belongs in C-DOA.

You think USF beats La Tech this year? 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Rebuilding implies a lack of something, those 2011-12 teams lacked one thing. Coaching. Those weren't "rebuilding" years. They should've been "new coach" years with hindsight giving us that benefit.

So if Holtz can't coach other guys players, how is he 6 - 3 at La Tech this year, his 2nd year?

How was he 5-7 here his second year? or 3-9 his third? Maybe he gets worse the more of his players he gets? Who knows. I'm glad he's gone. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes here. good for him, irrelevant for us.
Don't exonerate who he had for DC. Not with what, 7 or 8 one score losses in 1 1/2 seasons. CWT had as many one score wins in 2 seasons, 4 in OT. He wouldn't even be here if they went the other way.

So when skip loses one score games it's indicative of a bad DC (who he hired and brought in at $325K. Year for 2 years). When CWT wins one score games at WKU it's indicative that he just got lucky.

So you think skip was successful here? You think head coaches should no be blamed for the coordinators?

I'm saying both are suspect, you can't look at one and say he's bad and not look at the other. And you know how the coaching carousel works, it's a network of coaches who hire each other. Both DCs that Holtz had and Cosh had came from connections, not because they were the best they could find. CB was recommended by Harbaugh, Cosh had worked previously with Holtz.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not a chance

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Not a chance

No way in Hades!!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

At this point I'd be happy if we took our lumps for the next 3 games but found a starting and stable QB in Flowers for the future. If this kid can play then play him. According to the practice report yesterday he really surprised Joey Knight with how good he was. He will learn the whole playbook in time, but the kid wanted to come play as a freshman, give him his shot because nothing else is working. At least we will know whether he is cut out for it or not...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

At this point I'd be happy if we took our lumps for the next 3 games but found a starting and stable QB in Flowers for the future. If this kid can play then play him. According to the practice report yesterday he really surprised Joey Knight with how good he was. He will learn the whole playbook in time, but the kid wanted to come play as a freshman, give him his shot because nothing else is working. At least we will know whether he is cut out for it or not...

Why do we continue to hear about how great each of our QBs look in practice? Is our 1st D so bad that they can make anybody look good?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Why do we continue to hear about how great each of our QBs look in practice? Is our 1st D so bad that they can make anybody look good?

I'd hate to think that's the reason.....

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Bump

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I was in just wait till 2-3 years from now mode as soon as we got rid of Holtz.  Anyone who wasn't (The USF is a Corvette crowd) is smoking that good good.....