• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't we get a decent Defensive Coordinator??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We are not getting any pressure on the quarterback and our DBs are not covering well...I dont see the DC as the problem 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

The defense gave pulled up some after they get the ball back then White fumbles it away the next play. 

This team has issues but most are on offense not the defense. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

We are not getting any pressure on the quarterback and our DBs are not covering well...I dont see the DC as the problem 

I have been wondering what has happened to the secondary. Seems like they had terrible footing and were slipping all over the place. Was it the cleats that they were wearing on that turn. Did the equipment manager pack the right cleats. WR Rodney Adams totally lost his footing on that turn and could have been a big play. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Tackling is also partially an issue because they're trying to rip out the ball. Again, having an offense that is allergic to scoring drives can have that effect on a defense.

I'm not excusing the fact it takes too long to adjust on D. The rush three drop 8 into zone coverage was getting eaten up by Kiel.

But if you told me we had 5 turnovers and gave up 34 to that Cincinnati team, I'd say that surprisingly low.

This was a game we had to win on offense and they fell far short against a bad bad defense.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why would the defense even bother to go after turnovers? Or tackles for that mattter?

Even when they DO give the ball back to the offense, we do nothing with.

As a defensive player, it must be VERY disheartening to watch our offense self-destruct.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

What about Pasqualoni? He got fired from UConn and is now the Bears D Line coach. He wasn't hire until Jan., maybe should have gotten him for some role with the defense.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

Defense didn't lose the game. Offense did. Everyone knew Cincy would score on us, and that we had to outscore them. We didn't

How many points did the offense give up to Cincy's offense?

And if this DC so good, how in the hell they gave up 31 points to a Western Carolina?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

I have been waiting for USF to get a good Offensive Coordinator since 1997 to tell you the truth. When USF fans claim that Chico was our best OC then we just didnt have a good history with hiring good OC's. USF has had good defensive coordinators in their history, so I am not too worried about that. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

I'm not concern about the offense. It'll take awhile for the offense to get it right. When they get the QB position settled, the offense will get rolling. The defense is a different story. This defensive scheme is all about read then react, not attack.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We are in the middle of Florida, we should be able to get the best defensive coordinator out there.