• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White's Scowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

SAT question.

Scowl<performance

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sounds like Taggart threatening to pull White lit a fire under him.

Gee, I wonder what would have happened if Taggart had done this in Game 1 like some of us suggested?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

http://m.gousfbulls.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209731802&DB_OEM_ID=7700&

White saw something in the defense early in the second half and called an audible. White then handed the ball off to freshman back Marlon Mack, who zoomed along the left side and sprinted 54 yards to the end zone to spark USF’s 20-point turnaround.

Is that true or is Zebold just making stuff up? Maybe all that motion is more than window dressing.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

http://m.gousfbulls.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209731802&DB_OEM_ID=7700&

White saw something in the defense early in the second half and called an audible. White then handed the ball off to freshman back Marlon Mack, who zoomed along the left side and sprinted 54 yards to the end zone to spark USF’s 20-point turnaround.

Is that true or is Zebold just making stuff up? Maybe all that motion is more than window dressing.

Good question. If that's true, color me very impressed!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I thought White wasn't allowed to audible?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is the point of the offense and the motion.  The offense works much better when you have a more knowledgeable and experienced QB at the helm.   *cough* Bench *cough*

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

This is the point of the offense and the motion.  The offense works much better when you have a more knowledgeable and experienced QB at the helm.   *cough* Bench *cough*

As much as I like Bench, you can't say that he has more experience in this offense.  White has taken many more snaps - in practice and in games. 

As much as I like Bench, you can't say that he has more experience in this offense.  White has taken many more snaps - in practice and in games. 

Agreed (I don't agree about liking Bench over White... he's just not very good), you can't say he has more experience than Mike White in college.

Steven Bench has played in about 3 full games now. Has a total of 109 total passing attempts in college (8 attempts at PSU).

Mike White has played in close to 11 full games now. Has a total of 322 total passing attempts in college.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There's a difference between 10 years of experience and 1 year repeated 10 times...

There's a difference between 10 years of experience and 1 year repeated 10 times...

Just face it... Bench is not our starter. I don't foresee him ever being so. I like the kid and wish him well, but he is less talented than White. I see him dropping down to 3rd string QB slot next year. And from all this experience talk, I cannot see any stats to back that up.

I really just don't understand the appeal of Bench. I really do think it's just the standard "Oh, the back up is better than our current starter". We even heard this back in the day after the Miami game about making Bobby Eveld the starter over B.J. 

Bottom line, Mike White is performing and he is our starter for the rest of the year (and I would say the next two years as well, unless Wanky can somehow progress leaps and bounds from what he is as a QB right now). Why would you want to break the rhythm MW has going? He has steadily improved since the beginning of the season, especially after the UConn game.

Edited by Sipher