• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How other teams on our schedule fared - Week 8

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I could be wrong but I dont recall USF ever winning at Cincy but this game is at Bengles stadium so maybe that will be better luck for us.

Believe it or not we did beat them in Skippy's first year. I still remember the announcer screaming Faron Hornes' name  as he streaked down the field to put us up 2 scores. one of B.J.'s best games with 300+ total yards and 4 TDs through the ground and air. Coincidentally that game was won 38-30 and we won 3 games down the stretch to get into our bowl game....

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

I could be wrong but I dont recall USF ever winning at Cincy but this game is at Bengles stadium so maybe that will be better luck for us.

We won at Cincy in 2010, didn't we?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Yes we won @ Cincy in 2010.  And it was on a Friday night 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ok, thanks with so much losing it is tough remembering that long ago. After these comments I do vaguely remember this.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

This must be an important and influential message board since other teams' fans care so much about where they are ranked by the posters here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Next 3 games are pivotal. I would like us to be 2 and 1.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hmm, looks like WCU actually got better...it's amazing...a team who was bad...didn't stay bad! 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Houston is way way way too low on that ranking. They lost to UCF on a miracle that they should have won and beat Memphis and Temple (handily) who you have #2 and #3.

First, I would say that Houston has been lucky... 9 turnovers in the last two games.  They lost at home to an average UCF team (they should have won) and they lost to Texas-San Antonio.

I've watched all three teams play -- and based on that, I think Memphis and Temple are better teams right now.  That may change.  Right now, I think #4 - #7 are all interchangeable right now.  We'll know more in a week or two.

I would tend to agree if it was just a 2 game stretch, but honestly Houston is #2 in the country in takeaways and last year had the following takeaway numbers in the AAC which look pretty solid. They consistantly force turnovers and that is part of their game.

Temple 3

Memphis 4

Rutgers 6

USF 2

UCF 3

Cincinnati 3

SMU 4

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Houston is way way way too low on that ranking. They lost to UCF on a miracle that they should have won and beat Memphis and Temple (handily) who you have #2 and #3.

First, I would say that Houston has been lucky... 9 turnovers in the last two games.  They lost at home to an average UCF team (they should have won) and they lost to Texas-San Antonio.

I've watched all three teams play -- and based on that, I think Memphis and Temple are better teams right now.  That may change.  Right now, I think #4 - #7 are all interchangeable right now.  We'll know more in a week or two.

I would tend to agree if it was just a 2 game stretch, but honestly Houston is #2 in the country in takeaways and last year had the following takeaway numbers in the AAC which look pretty solid. They consistantly force turnovers and that is part of their game.

Temple 3

Memphis 4

Rutgers 6

USF 2

UCF 3

Cincinnati 3

SMU 4

And in fairness, the two TOs they got off of us are a little bit misleading. The first one came after the BS call on Davis and we were backed up in 4th and long due to OPI. The second one was fair, although much of it is due to the fact that we were trying to drive down the field at the end of the game. We could hold them off last year. I like our chances to do that this year.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You lose all credibility when you have Memphis and Temple, two teams we beat back to back ranked ahead of us.

No no no. You (read anyone) loses all credibility once you post on TBP.