• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire willie taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

One word or one line epitheths don't do this subject justice.  USF is on the verge of another losing season.  The fourth in a row.  We had a great coach who got fired for shoving some pansy in the locker room who never went anywhere in football.  Wherever he is I hope he's happy for the mess he created for his bruised ego.  Now on to Taggart.  A great success at western Kentucky.  Holtz also did well at East Carolina.  Then they came and played with the adults and WHAMMO!  Taggart should find some back water high school team with an 0-12 record and happily live out his millions he took from USF.  Yes we need a coach but one with intelligence and a commanding presence.  Take our time but start looking now.  There are several defensive and offensive coordinators who would love to get their shot at the big chair.  Do I have suggestions?  Not really.  I am a fan and as a fan I know one thing.  I am dissapointed in four losing seasons and want the bulls to have what they deserve not what they have to settle for.  Are you reading this Dr. Gendshalft?  Probably not.  You're talking to people about bringing more millions into USF so we can outdo shrimp on treadmills.  GO BULLS!!!

Welcome to the board. Don't be a stranger, some back and post again when you sober up.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

If Willie is still here, which I fully expect him to be, I'll still renew my season tickets. I just can't see USF firing him yet, not that his firing wouldn't be justified. I think he'll get more time based on his success on the recruiting trail and hope that success on the field will follow.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

One word or one line epitheths don't do this subject justice.  USF is on the verge of another losing season.  The fourth in a row.  We had a great coach who got fired for shoving some pansy in the locker room who never went anywhere in football.  Wherever he is I hope he's happy for the mess he created for his bruised ego.  Now on to Taggart.  A great success at western Kentucky.  Holtz also did well at East Carolina.  Then they came and played with the adults and WHAMMO!  Taggart should find some back water high school team with an 0-12 record and happily live out his millions he took from USF.  Yes we need a coach but one with intelligence and a commanding presence.  Take our time but start looking now.  There are several defensive and offensive coordinators who would love to get their shot at the big chair.  Do I have suggestions?  Not really.  I am a fan and as a fan I know one thing.  I am dissapointed in four losing seasons and want the bulls to have what they deserve not what they have to settle for.  Are you reading this Dr. Gendshalft?  Probably not.  You're talking to people about bringing more millions into USF so we can outdo shrimp on treadmills.  GO BULLS!!!

Dude, Leavitt didn't get fired for slapping Joel Miller.  He got fired for lying to his bosses, and trying to tamper with the investigation.

Had he admitted his fault, apologized to all, he'd likely still be our coach.

All that said, that's over and it's time to fix our ails.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm not here because of the coaches, administration, or the creepy HOT announcer.

Regardless of W-L record, I'll still be here.

However, I want an ROI in wins.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm not here because of the coaches, administration, or the creepy HOT announcer.

Blimey mate, you want a Right 'Onorable Increase? Me too.

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Dude, Leavitt didn't get fired for slapping Joel Miller.  He got fired for lying to his bosses, and trying to tamper with the investigation.

Had he admitted his fault, apologized to all, he'd likely still be our coach.

All that said, that's over and it's time to fix our ails.

This!

There were a thousand avenues for him to stay at USF and he chose one of the avenues to guarantee he was gone.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Im really surprised that you don't come for the awkward embarassment that is the creepy HOT announcer.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Im really surprised that you don't come for the awkward embarassment that is the creepy HOT announcer.

I cannot stand that HOT announcer.  However, there was a dramatic difference when USF brought in RollerGirl from 98.7 WFAN for the homecoming game.  She is an experienced radio professional and as a plus is an USF alumnus.  She did a really good job.  That is the difference between using someone with a radio presence, and just giving someone a microphone and letting them wing it.

USF should have brought back RollerGirl for the next game, or at least someone from WFAN.  The radio station is one of our partners, so how hard is it to set up some type of rotating schedule where one of their radio personalities is the game host?

Edited by hightechbull

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought she was good

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

So, you guys would fire a guy who took over a loser after only 2 years (albeit 2 losing seasons)?  Well then you would have fired Chuck Noll in 1970, Bill Walsh in 1980, and Jimmy Johnson in 1990.  Yes, the coaches on what many consider to be the teams of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.  

I am inclined to give a guy 3 years if he took over a really bad team and the team Taggart took over was epically bad. If the team were to take a dump again in 2015, I would have to agree with advocating dismissal.