• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBP: have we ever been truly happy Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

what a great question

happy yes 

content no

Well put.

This program has continued on an upward trajectory pretty much since it's inception.  

If anyone that has been around  USF athletics for any time at all tells you that gaining entry into the Big East wasn't one of their proudest moments as a USF fan and especially for alumni, then I would call BS on them actually being a USF fan.  That was a huge deal.  

Going 9-2

First bowl game

First ranking

Reaching #2

As smazza said, there has been lots to be happy about, but this program and the school, for that matter, is all about trying to compete and win at the highest levels.  Until those goals have been met then we are not content.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I was generally pretty happy with our football program right up until about 8:00pm on September 29th, 2010. The wheels came off after that.

I'm guessing the Piit game?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I was generally pretty happy with our football program right up until about 8:00pm on September 29th, 2010. The wheels came off after that.

Bingo.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I've been on here since smazza had maybe 10 posts to his handle. But I can't ever recall this board being truly happy.

If we win, it's against a soft opponent or we got lucky.

If we get ranked, it's due to being overrated.

If we get a high-touted recruit, it's because some other school pulled an offer.

If our coach is winning, somebody's going to steal him away from us.

However, when we lose, we truly stink.

Of course, I'm generalizing here. But I would say that's about the sum of it.

Are we ever going to give ourselves a break?

WTH? Is this what I have to read after the Bulls have been 7-23 in the last 2-1/2 seasons.  The same time frame that UCF has posted a 25-7 record, I might add.  Yeah, I'm not ******* happy about it either.  We should only "give ourselves a break" when we start winning championships and bowl games.  Apathy falls below anger and that happens to be where most of the prior fans reside......in the apathy pool.  Consistently losing does that to a fan base so welcome to the real world!!  Of course I could be generalizing but it sums up my sentiments!

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I will be happy for a while if we get a win against Tulsa.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm happy we can look competent for a half of football now. When we can last 60 minutes, I'll be jumping again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I'm Confused. Went to our past schedules and don't see where we played them on that date?  It is listed, maybe wrongly, under the 2011 - 2012 year.  http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37331&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2011

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I'm happy we can look competent for a half of football now. When we can last 60 minutes, I'll be jumping again.

Good old days!!  It will happen again, CWT is the real deal when it comes to recruiting.  In a few more years when CWT has all of his recruits playing on the field we will see a big difference.

Edited by BullFan98

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I'm Confused. Went to our past schedules and don't see where we played them on that date?  It is listed, maybe wrongly, under the 2011 - 2012 year.  http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37331&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&Q_SEASON=2011

The date was a Wednesday. Wouldn't waste too much time trying to see into JT's mind ..... bad things, man ... bad things.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I'll be happy when we beat UCF this year