• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could USF be in search of a new coach this offseason?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

One of my favorite Agents who reps Coaches said, look at the USF Football Staff.. It's basically Jim Harbaugh's crew in waiting for Dolphins

Not sure how legit this would be. But Harbaugh is on his way out, and Taggart and Harbaugh are extremely close. I really don't think Harbaugh would poach Taggart's staff without bringing him along.

But then again... Do we have an NFL staff? If this has any truth to it, I would assume it would be a select few. Cooper, Lockette, Bresnehan (no way at DC), and Paul Wulff would be who I could see them taking.

Either way, I thought it was interesting.
Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Meh; Miami will hold on to Philbin if he's playoff bound. I see Harbaugh going to Michigan before the Dolphins; Hickey and Dawn will still be hurdles to the total control Jim is looking for.

Put this in the "Gruden to (insert team)" file

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So Taggart leaves here to be what, OC? I'm sure the AFC is terrified after watching our film from the past two years.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Meh; Miami will hold on to Philbin if he's playoff bound. I see Harbaugh going to Michigan before the Dolphins; Hickey and Dawn will still be hurdles to the total control Jim is looking for.

Sad thing is, Idk if Miami is playoff bound. And Ross is in love with Harbaugh, he wouldn't let Dawn stop him.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Sad thing is, Idk if Miami is playoff bound. And Ross is in love with Harbaugh, he wouldn't let Dawn stop him.

Agreed. Michigan is a titan in college athletics and even they only pull in $$99M in revenue, TOTAL. NFL rights are $131M just for TV. Never mind the increased tickets, luxury boxes,, etc.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

It would certainly help our finances if we did-imagine if we have all this talent and we land a big winner type to turn it into a championship team.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Is hard core drug usage as widespread as the Internet makes it look?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

I think that would be a really shallow move. 

Look, I am at peace with the fact that Taggart may leave. But I was always under the presumption that he would have earned it, and would have actually have built something here first. If he leaves after 2-10 and X-"3 or more", I think that would be a big blemish on the resume.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he stays until we have some hardware. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

If I am Harbaugh and Michigan is on the table, no amount of money in the world gets me to go to anywhere else.  He would be The Man at Big Blue, much like Nick Saban was to Alabama.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Agreed. Michigan is a titan in college athletics and even they only pull in $$99M in revenue, TOTAL. NFL rights are $131M just for TV. Never mind the increased tickets, luxury boxes,, etc.

You do realize that NFL teams are paying $100M in player salaries?  Michigan pays a tiny fraction of that.  Michigan is also non-profit, while the Dolphins want to make a profit and therefore don't pour all their money back into their team.

It isn't nearly a slam dunk.