• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could USF be in search of a new coach this offseason?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

No one is going to be offering Willie Taggart a promotion when we went 2-10 last year, (whether it was his fault or not still on his record and his watch) and will probably finish 4-8 this year. Not to mention we have a bottom 15 offense in all of college football once again..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Was Oswald alone on that fateful day in Dallas?

Will let you know in about a month. Heading out for the SMU game and first visit to Dallas and Dealey Plaza. Plan to spend a couple of hours there and I'm sure by the time I leave I'll have the mystery unraveled ...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Almost any change in coaching this year will be tough to over come.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Agreed. You can't keep blowing things up and expect to make progress.

I have been underwhelmed by Taggart so far, but, I am starting to see progress. I am starting to see where if we put a few plays together, we're winning games. We hung right with Wisconsin, on the road, with our best offensive player standing on the sidelines. With Davis coming back this weekend, I am strangely optimistic about this team. Adams is a good #2 and will get some opportunities to shine with Davis back. We all know that Davis can be a beast. If White can get time, he's not bad for a 19 year old kid. I believe that he can improve and actually be pretty good. Let's see how this season shakes out and go from there. Either way, we need to hope that Taggart is here at least 2 more years. Hopefully we are having some success at that point and could take the blow of another coaching change.

As for Harbaugh, not sure why he would come after our staff. He has a staff now and didn't hire any of the guys we have. He hasn't had Taggart with him anywhere in the NFL. Why would he come after us now? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe he takes one guy, but, I think he builds his staff the same way he did in SF if he moves somewhere. As a Dolphins fan, if he comes there, I wouldn't mind seeing that be Leavitt's shot at a DC position in the NFL.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

hARbaugh is not coaching in college at this point in his career---NO WAY

anyone is free to take taggart!  so far he is nothing special

i wouldnt fire him but i wouldnt cry if he left

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

oh please

like taggart has done so much

he would be easy to replace and usf wouldnt miss a beat

it isnt like we are tearing it up now

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I have been underwhelmed by Taggart so far, but, I am starting to see progress. I am starting to see where if we put a few plays together, we're winning games. We hung right with Wisconsin, on the road, with our best offensive player standing on the sidelines. With Davis coming back this weekend, I am strangely optimistic about this team. Adams is a good #2 and will get some opportunities to shine with Davis back. We all know that Davis can be a beast. If White can get time, he's not bad for a 19 year old kid. I believe that he can improve and actually be pretty good. Let's see how this season shakes out and go from there. Either way, we need to hope that Taggart is here at least 2 more years. Hopefully we are having some success at that point and could take the blow of another coaching change.

As for Harbaugh, not sure why he would come after our staff. He has a staff now and didn't hire any of the guys we have. He hasn't had Taggart with him anywhere in the NFL. Why would he come after us now? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe he takes one guy, but, I think he builds his staff the same way he did in SF if he moves somewhere. As a Dolphins fan, if he comes there, I wouldn't mind seeing that be Leavitt's shot at a DC position in the NFL.

It would be tough, but it is so far from the possibility of happening it's not even worth talking about. What was the last head coach who went 2-10 and then 4-8(?) and then was offered a promotion or someone was doing everything they could to hire him away from where he was? Doesn't make sense. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Ridiculous. We don't lose losing coaches, we give them a raise and an extension!

Woolard is trying to renegotiate Skips buyout to extend him another 2-3 years because he's hearing that Skip may be getting more buyout money from La Tech and doesn't want to get one upped.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It would be tough, but it is so far from the possibility of happening it's not even worth talking about. What was the last head coach who went 2-10 and then 4-8(?) and then was offered a promotion or someone was doing everything they could to hire him away from where he was? Doesn't make sense. 

I doubt it happens either but Gene chizick was hired at Auburn (won a NC there) after going 3-9 then 2-10 at Iowa Sate.