• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not to pick at sore issue that might be 'scabbing' over... but

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Flowers is going to redshirt the rest of the year. CWT promised him playing time his first year and NC State was the only OOC game so out of hand (for the wrong reasons) that he was able to throw him in there. Bench will back-up for the rest of the year since he knows hes a Mike White injury away from starting but expect him to transfer after this season.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Drive me crazy that I can't remember, and I didn't want to start a new thread, did Vincent Jackson play yet this year?

I don't recall seeing him on the field yet. He may be in on special teams, but that would be such a waste of a redshirt, in my opinion.

Ok that's what I was thinking. I would think we'd be smart enough to keep his RS at this point too. Especially since front 7 has been pretty strong so far.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Hey I dont really understand the ins an outs and what-have-yous of redshirts.

Say Mike White is the man this year and we can't find a way to redshirt Flowers this year. Could they just redshirt him next year? So he loses one year of playing time this year but no big deal in the grand scheme? Would it be the equivalent of redshirt on your freshman year and riding the bench the next year, only flipped around?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Flowers is going to redshirt the rest of the year. CWT promised him playing time his first year and NC State was the only OOC game so out of hand (for the wrong reasons) that he was able to throw him in there. Bench will back-up for the rest of the year since he knows hes a Mike White injury away from starting but expect him to transfer after this season.

Bench isn't going anywhere... he'd have to sit a season and he'll be a senior next year. Unless he drops to FCS he's still here next year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Bench isn't going anywhere... he'd have to sit a season and he'll be a senior next year. Unless he drops to FCS he's still here next year.

Don't be too sure of that.  He'll be graduating in May.  You can transfer to a grad school and not sit out.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

What if he graduates early?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hey I dont really understand the ins an outs and what-have-yous of redshirts.

Say Mike White is the man this year and we can't find a way to redshirt Flowers this year. Could they just redshirt him next year? So he loses one year of playing time this year but no big deal in the grand scheme? Would it be the equivalent of redshirt on your freshman year and riding the bench the next year, only flipped around?

Yes you can redshirt once any one of the years, it does not have to be your freshman year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Don't be too sure of that. He'll be graduating in May. You can transfer to a grad school and not sit out.

And he still has a redshirt.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If Bench doesn't get playing time here I have a hard time imagining a FBS program at which he could get playing time. Hopefully he stays as he's always an injury away from playing but best of luck either way.