• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Got to add the punter...he was gold

Titanium ...

Did u mean "platinum"?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

THE WORST: This game should of been won by three scores. The WRs are awful. The pic six was bc the kid tried to catch the ball like an 8 yr old peewee FB player. Use your hands Man! Twice as many drops as should have been even with the rain.

The D did very well until giving up the TD at the end. I don't understand why our Bulls can't step on the opponents throats at the end. Even on the inside kick one of our kids nearly kicked the ball instead of falling on it. The penalty for jumping during the punt makes me wonder about the coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Good: the gratitude shown by players and coaches for the fans that stuck through the weather

More good: For the first time since the Leavitt era, I scan the field and can be truly excited about what some of the players are capable of. Mack, Byrd, Godwin, Adams - these are names that get me as excited as Mitchell, Barrington, Allen used to.

More good: These are games we used to find ways to lose. We are finding ways to now win. Lots of progress.

More good: ESPN coverage wasn't as atrocious as I expected. No jabs at the program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think it was UConn opening up their offense as much as us going into a prevent defense (which I really don't like). We were trying to make them burn clock as they ran down the field. I would have preferred that we get them to punt and then WE run the clock out.

They had throw 3 passes before that drive right? I think they caught us off guard

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Good: The win! White's accuracy when he gets time to throw. Punting. The fans who stuck around.

The Bad: The drops.

The ugly: our fans reactions when they notice they put too much stock into this win.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

Good: Established the run quickly which took pressure off of the passing game. O line protected white.

Bad: WRs and TEs drop city.

Ugly: The weather

Honorable mention. ESPN was good to us. Maybe because it was not the same crew.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Ugly - lack of pass defense when needed in the 4th to close out the game

Disagree with this. We're up 10 points with under 2 minutes left and UConn had no timeouts left. We played prevent defense, which is what you should do in that situation. Granted, our DB falling on the TD hurt, but that is how we should have played it.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Good - the defense completely. RBs. White,

Considering the weather.

Bad- weather.

Ugly - 2nd time a ref has called us UCF this year. Pick 6

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think it was UConn opening up their offense as much as us going into a prevent defense (which I really don't like). We were trying to make them burn clock as they ran down the field. I would have preferred that we get them to punt and then WE run the clock out.

They had throw 3 passes before that drive right? I think they caught us off guard

Huh? You think we weren't expecting them to pass on a desperation drive with no TOs? Or did you need the sarcasm font there?

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck....you NEVER go all out prevent, man. Never!