• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Five column: "Dear USF Fans: It's Time To Give A **** And Show Up"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

Most people don't want to watch their own school get beat down…I don't blame them for watching bad football.

They will show up when and if we can ever win again.

My friend had a good point they shouldn't give out the free giveaway to the first 5k people that show up but the last 5k that leave.

Pissed that I had to pay full price for concession food/drinks yesterday, the last few weeks I guess we got the Bucs season ticket discount. 

Yeah, I miss those vouchers that they had for concessions with season tix holders. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

However, one of the guys I used to work with managed to get a club-access ticket for only $10, so that worked out well for him....

I've said it before and it's going to be true going forward. Just like with basketball, even if you do purchase season tickets, there is a finite number of times you're going to go see your school lose a game. There is no enjoyment - nothing special or great - about owning season tickets if every game is a crapshoot, or worse, the likelihood of a loss before the game even starts. That's what we're seeing now. And make no mistake, there is no moral obligation to attend a game simply because you are an alumni. If the product diminishes, those low numbers are going to be the norm, not the exception.

People attend to be entertained. That's it. And losing, let alone beatdowns, are not going to flip the turnstile. It's only idiots like me, sitting under that blazing sun, sauteing in a savory broth of sweat who continue to show up, week in and week out through this slow rolling train wreck. Unfortunately, other members of the household board of directors are making noises that the annual donation and season ticket program may have to be discontinued. If 9K season tickets are this year's numbers - and this doesn't turn around - next year may be when that big ole red panic button at Fowler Avenue gets pushed.

I sat there until 00:00. Can't recall ever walking out of the stadium with such a small crowd. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

However, one of the guys I used to work with managed to get a club-access ticket for only $10, so that worked out well for him....

I've said it before and it's going to be true going forward. Just like with basketball, even if you do purchase season tickets, there is a finite number of times you're going to go see your school lose a game. There is no enjoyment - nothing special or great - about owning season tickets if every game is a crapshoot, or worse, the likelihood of a loss before the game even starts. That's what we're seeing now. And make no mistake, there is no moral obligation to attend a game simply because you are an alumni. If the product diminishes, those low numbers are going to be the norm, not the exception.

People attend to be entertained. That's it. And losing, let alone beatdowns, are not going to flip the turnstile. It's only idiots like me, sitting under that blazing sun, sauteing in a savory broth of sweat who continue to show up, week in and week out through this slow rolling train wreck. Unfortunately, other members of the household board of directors are making noises that the annual donation and season ticket program may have to be discontinued. If 9K season tickets are this year's numbers - and this doesn't turn around - next year may be when that big ole red panic button at Fowler Avenue gets pushed.

I sat there until 00:00. Can't recall ever walking out of the stadium with such a small crowd. 

You see I am one of the few that feels that I have a more obligation to support my school through bad and good times. I will be at all the games this season just like I was last season. Right now is when USF needs us the most. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

This article looks 100 times worse than it already was when it was written. The writer has to feel like a million bucks about it now. :thumbsup:

This article looks 100 times worse than it already was when it was written. The writer has to feel like a million bucks about it now. :thumbsup:

Well put

I'm not following this ... Why does the article look worse now?

Are you being serious...? Not sure whether to respond seriously or not..

Dead serious ....unless all you guys are saying is that his plea wasn't vey effective since it didn't seem to add to the attendance.

His plea was nonsense. Our team has won 4 times in the last 25 games now. It was already a miserable article to begin with given the state of our program and now after the absolute drubbing NC State just put on us it just looks worse. One of the points he tried to make was attendance is tied directly to teams winning games and programs "turning it around". There could have been 80,000 USF fans at RJS Saturday and we would've still lost by 32 playing like that.

Go back and read his column and then read the NCSU's hc comments about the atmosphere. His plea was dead on but pretty much wasted because there aren't enough that really care enough about the program right now ... the reason(s) why they don't is a moot point(s).

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Well put

Dead serious ....unless all you guys are saying is that his plea wasn't vey effective since it didn't seem to add to the attendance.

His plea was nonsense. Our team has won 4 times in the last 25 games now. It was already a miserable article to begin with given the state of our program and now after the absolute drubbing NC State just put on us it just looks worse. One of the points he tried to make was attendance is tied directly to teams winning games and programs "turning it around". There could have been 80,000 USF fans at RJS Saturday and we would've still lost by 32 playing like that.

Go back and read his column and then read the NCSU's hc comments about the atmosphere. His plea was dead on but pretty much wasted because there aren't enough that really care enough about the program right now ... the reason(s) why they don't is a moot point(s).

His plea was dead on? You're right. USF football has really turned a corner, and it's time for raymond james to be packed. Anything else doesn't make sense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Well put

His plea was dead on? You're right. USF football has really turned a corner, and it's time for raymond james to be packed. Anything else doesn't make sense.

You obviously either didn't go back and re-read it or you're having a hard time grasping what he's saying. Nowhere did he say you should be going to the game because USF football has turned a corner. He's saying just the opposite:

This is going to be a process. Willie Taggart is going to need some time to improve the product on the field. But he can't do that without people watching while the rebuild happens.

We all we got. Go to the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

I hope that everyone affiliated with USF in any way reads this message.  Please share on social media to spread the word.

Go Bulls!!!!

http://www.voodoofive.com/2014/9/8/6119765/dear-usf-fans-its-time-to-give-a-****-and-show-up

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Unfortunately, 50,000 empty seats think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

You see I am one of the few that feels that I have a more obligation to support my school through bad and good times. I will be at all the games this season just like I was last season. Right now is when USF needs us the most. 

Yeah, but apparently there is a considerable population of season ticket holders who feel quite differently. I don't have what it takes to NOT go, so I am there as well. Considering the number of alumni resident within two hours drive of Tampa, you'd think that stadium - and season ticket sales - would be a wee bit higher. However, if this is just the beginning of a long trek towards mediocrity, I fear that football attendance may suffer the same fate as basketball has suffered. It's entirely possible. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Well put

You obviously either didn't go back and re-read it or you're having a hard time grasping what he's saying. Nowhere did he say you should be going to the game because USF football has turned a corner. He's saying just the opposite:

This is going to be a process. Willie Taggart is going to need some time to improve the product on the field. But he can't do that without people watching while the rebuild happens.

We all we got. Go to the game.

Point is he called people out for not going to the game when obviously our team showed Saturday exactly why people are choosing to stay home. The notion that WIllie Taggart can't improve the product on the field without people in the stands is garbage. Period.

Edited by USFbulls24
  • Upvote 1