• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White May Play Saturday!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Bench doesn't l

And Bench can't throw the ball more than 20 yards. Not once on Saturday did we stretch the field.

Must have digressed since high school. Here is is on his own 32 throwing to the opposite 35. So that's on the OC. Or the WRs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zkHAaSd21MM#t=105

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Who else here feels like just putting Flowers out there and see what happens... Its not going to happen i think but it would be interesting.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

The more I think about, the more I think Coach T is just using the classic "who will play QB" strategy.

Mike White might play, he might not. Now NC State has to prepare for both.

Personally, if White isn't 100% good to go (and I don't think he is) then I think we will see Bench start.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't understand the Cult of Bench that we have around here.  He's shown some flashes here and there but so has White and realistically there's very little separation between the two statistically.  Some people are acting like Bench threw for 300 and 3tds when in reality we still had poor QB play Saturday.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

The more I think about, the more I think Coach T is just using the classic "who will play QB" strategy.

Personally, if White isn't 100% good to go (and I don't think he is) then I think we will see Bench start.

It has to be Bench. We can't have White taking reps with the ones then agrivating his wrist again from a tackle or a fall. White has not proven good enough to be a guy you let play while nursing an injury. BJ Daniels yah he can play nursing an injury... Mike White? No. Maybe he will start and surprise is all. It sounds like the coaches are dumbfounded with his horrible in game performance, maybe he has it, but games get to him. If that is the case I think they should get him some anti-anxiety meds. Musician use them when they hae to perform sometimes or for auditions. It couldn't hurt. Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I'm sure this is keeping NC State's defensive coordinator up at night.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I think if White is healthy you start him. If he's not close enough to 100% then let Bench start and give White another week to heal. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think Bench will start.  At best White might be available in certain situations as a backup.  CWT is saying that White might be available to play, not that he will start.  If he isn't available to practice yet, then he's very unlikely to start.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I don't understand the Cult of Bench that we have around here.  He's shown some flashes here and there but so has White and realistically there's very little separation between the two statistically.  Some people are acting like Bench threw for 300 and 3tds when in reality we still had poor QB play Saturday.  

We have dueling Cults ... and you're exactly correct in that there is very little separation between the two this year statistically. Neither has won, nor lost, the job on the field so you go with who the coaching staff rolls with, who have a helluvalot more to go on in forming an opinion than anyone on this board