• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White May Play Saturday!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

It comes down to the O-line, they did not get a push against Maryland therefore no running really to speak of except on reverses or tosses.   With NC State, you get a new set of challenges and opportunities. 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Have Bench start. He managed the Maryland game overall pretty well compared to our first game. His biggest issue was that the receives did not want to catch some of his passes that hit them in the hands.

This

Bah. Bench threw more uncatchable balls than the receivers dropped.

I think Bench has more of that gamer moxie, but I also believe we've seen him peak. And, that's at about 40% completion percentage. If that's all we can squeeze out of him, we need to go with White.

We've seen a guy peak who has played a grand total of 4 games for us and one of those while he played injured? GTFO.

White has played 2 more complete games with an average CMP% of 49. That isn't much better than what we get with Bench, but at least Bench is mobile. Both QB's have some terrible passes, but they also have their fair share of drops by WR's. By your standards, If Bench has peaked, White has peaked too.

Whites issues right now are mental. That can be fixed. Hell it may have already been fixed. Who knows. Bench simply throws a terrible ball with no real arm strength. He may be a gamer, but his tools are far too limited to be committed to

White has problems beyond 'mental'. He is not a game manager, has bad accuracy, no motivation, etc.. Bench comes across as a leader on the field, something White doesn't.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Have Bench start. He managed the Maryland game overall pretty well compared to our first game. His biggest issue was that the receives did not want to catch some of his passes that hit them in the hands.

This

Bah. Bench threw more uncatchable balls than the receivers dropped.

I think Bench has more of that gamer moxie, but I also believe we've seen him peak. And, that's at about 40% completion percentage. If that's all we can squeeze out of him, we need to go with White.

We've seen a guy peak who has played a grand total of 4 games for us and one of those while he played injured? GTFO.

White has played 2 more complete games with an average CMP% of 49. That isn't much better than what we get with Bench, but at least Bench is mobile. Both QB's have some terrible passes, but they also have their fair share of drops by WR's. By your standards, If Bench has peaked, White has peaked too.

Whites issues right now are mental. That can be fixed. Hell it may have already been fixed. Who knows. Bench simply throws a terrible ball with no real arm strength. He may be a gamer, but his tools are far too limited to be committed to

White has problems beyond 'mental'. He is not a game manager, has bad accuracy, no motivation, etc.. Bench comes across as a leader on the field, something White doesn't.

The people around him a ton more than you disagree with that assessment ... 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Curious.... how do you know he has no motivation?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I feel like USF is actively trying to make me mow my lawn EVERY Saturday for the rest of my life.

Lol

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

As in doesn't get the team motivated. They play flat when he's out there, just going through the motions. He has no on field presence.

Sitting here with my wife and watching Hard Knocks - Miami Dolphins. Tannehill arrives on scene, 3 days late from holding out, hits the field and I tell her he's a rookie, just got drafted. She said he looks like a QB, exudes confidence. Even some of the players say it, now there's a qb. White doesn't have it, IMO. He looks lost, like Josh McCown did this week.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

As in doesn't get the team motivated. They play flat when he's out there, just going through the motions. He has no on field presence. 

I saw that last week against a WCU

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

And Bench can't throw the ball more than 20 yards. Not once on Saturday did we stretch the field.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Well maybe he was not supposed to.  I saw White overthrow receivers big time last week, not to mention the play where Andre  got hurt laying out for the ball.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The sad thing is, there's no obvious answer.  You want the 35% completion guy or the 40%?  Both have no TDs, and an INT.

I honestly don't know who should start, I just want SOMEONE to make the simple passes and lead this team.  Taggart went out & got Mack, but if we don't get any QB play, we're gonna "Barry Sanders" Mr. Mack...he deserves better.