• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As far as I know Chase Litton is committed to Marshall but that could always be subject to change. I'd love to get him back in the fold.

I know you're solid at evaluating talent, so what is it you like in Litton?

The fact that he couldn't get much interest after de-committing makes me think he's nothing but an average QB.

This.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

He went to prep school for a reason. His grades and scores were probably not up to snuff for getting into most big schools and he's in prep school to remedy that situation. If he makes it through the year of prep school fine without incident, some more teams will be on him to give Marshall a tough time reeling him in.

He had attention from the likes of Alabama and LSU. He got that attention because of his film, which is the same thing I'm evaluating.

Those guys got scared off in all likelihood because of his academics and because of that arrest as a 16 year old. That's all it takes to scare off teams when you've got thousands of potential recruits out there.

So you guys can read tea leaves and star patterns all you like trying to tell me he's an average talent prospect for that position and I'm going to shake my head and just point to the film and say no, no he's not. He may have so many skeletons in the closet it doesn't matter, but the skill level and quality of his play at the position is what it is.

As for what draws me to him on tape, I basically already outlined that in this thread so if you're asking me it means you haven't bothered to read up and see if I've already answered your question...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

He went to prep school for a reason. His grades and scores were probably not up to snuff for getting into most big schools and he's in prep school to remedy that situation. If he makes it through the year of prep school fine without incident, some more teams will be on him to give Marshall a tough time reeling him in.

He had attention from the likes of Alabama and LSU. He got that attention because of his film, which is the same thing I'm evaluating.

Those guys got scared off in all likelihood because of his academics and because of that arrest as a 16 year old. That's all it takes to scare off teams when you've got thousands of potential recruits out there.

So you guys can read tea leaves and star patterns all you like trying to tell me he's an average talent prospect for that position and I'm going to shake my head and just point to the film and say no, no he's not. He may have so many skeletons in the closet it doesn't matter, but the skill level and quality of his play at the position is what it is.

As for what draws me to him on tape, I basically already outlined that in this thread so if you're asking me it means you haven't bothered to read up and see if I've already answered your question...

He's a head case. We've seen plenty of immensely talented kids fall by the wayside for exactly that reason. Zero interest in this kid, he's exactly the type of orimadonna we don't need in our current situation.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Chase Litton's football skills better be **** good to offset his assholiness and horrid lack of leadership.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Can we lock this kid in because he hasn't signed, correct? Had him early then lost him but if he really wants to play early, USF may be his best bet. I like his size and arm strength.

47sports.com/Player/Chase-Litton-15087

Edited by fla331boy

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

I think this bridge is burned.   Moving on

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's not really true that Chase Litton had no other offers aside from Marshall. He had firm offers from Tulane to help try and replace Joe Montana's son, and from UMass to help them replace a really prolific senior in Blake Frohnapfel.

Regardless, he's officially enrolled at Marshall University now. He's Class of 2015 but he enrolled early, he began classes in January.

Turns out the problem with going to college in 2014 was indeed grades at Wharton. He needed to take classes in summer to finish up his degree, and once he did that, he joined up with Atlanta Sports Academy, the prep school where Marshall got other standouts like Corey Tindal and Deon-Tay McManus (both will be on NFL radar).

Because Litton is enrolled early, he's expected to be part of the four-way competition to be Rakeem Cato's replacement. They have Gunnar Holcombe who was Cato's backup this year and took about 20 throws in mop-up duty. They have a redshirt freshman named Cole Garvin. They also have Michael Birdsong as a transfer from James Madison.

Doc Holliday knows how to recruit. He was Urban Meyer's main recruiter at Florida and helped build up the talent there. He probably learned a thing or two about recruiting quarterbacks from Urban Meyer, because Cato was an incredible success that other people should have seen coming. You don't come out of the boiler plate of Miami high school football talent as the State Champion, having beaten the likes of Teddy Bridgewater, without having talent. Cato came in and was a four year starter at Marshall, broke all of Chad Pennington's school records, and even broke some of Russell Wilson's NCAA records like most consecutive games with a TD pass. He obliterated that one too, the record had been 38 and Cato threw a TD in 46 straight I think.

Looking at the QBs that Marshall has, between Birdsong, Litton and Holcombe...I'm jealous. They're doing some good work up there trying to replace a legend like Cato. Birdsong in is a HUGE kid with a great arm. You watch him and kind of come away thinking his feet look a little dead but then you see him take off and he can actually move, and he's so big and strong people have trouble bringing him down. He looks like a grown man out there. I also have liked Gunnar Holcombe when I've seen him come in to play behind Cato, enough not to be surprised if he wins and plays well.

But year after year it seems like South Florida is just slapping their ***** around when it comes to the QB position. Ah well.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

From what I've heard about Litton's attitude and overall personality off the field I don't feel like we missed out at all, and this isn't even taking into account the arrest and academic issues. Based off his offer list doesn't seem like we'd be getting anyone better than White anyway.