• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

98.7 drops the ball again...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Giving props to a school 1,000 miles away for doing something the hometown school is doing is flat out wrong.

But I blame Harlan for not getting the word out to them...

It was posted all over Twitter, Facebook, etc.  A local radio personality should be following the local teams social media feeds.  This is not on Harlan.

Giving props to a school 1,000 miles away for doing something the hometown school is doing is flat out wrong.

It was posted all over Twitter, Facebook, etc.  A local radio personality should be following the local teams social media feeds.  This is not on Harlan.

Agree. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

agreed, Not on Harlan.    Unless your living under a rock or just don't want to mention USF than that is the only reason why they shouldn't had known that USF players did the same thing.  It was in the local papers, the Bulls website, facebook ect....... Only place it was apparently not mentioned was the radio show mentioned above.  

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

1. It was all over the local paper, twitter and Facebook and I've seen it mentioned on several other teams message boards.

2. The whole thing was a nice gesture by the football team to help out incoming students. If the only reason they/Harlan did it was primarily for PR reasons then they are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Honestly, USF fans should use all this energy to support our teams. Let's be honest, when 98.7 signed on to carry USF games they thought they were getting an up and coming football program that would get help their fledgling station grow . Instead, our former AD drove the program into the ground and ratings have been poor. The best way to shut up idiots like McFarland is to support our team and have our teams win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

ding ding ding

this is lack of usf pr machine

OK. I expect this from Smaz, but Charsibb?  Really.  You want your AD to call the local station and point out to them the football team is helping students?  So when we don't move up to the P5 you'd be complaining that he was wasting his time calling radio stations.  Totally disagree with you two on this one. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No, not personally. LOL

But he needs to create the kind of marketing MACHINE that gets airplay of USF activities.

We're not there yet.

For those oldtimers, think about the Bandits and the old Rowdies. We're not even #2, we have to try hardEST.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Even at that you would need someone to monitor talk radio stations and then call in when they do something like that.  Just don't see that as a good use of someone's time.  Maybe some of these guys from the Bullspen that listen to talk radio can call in and point out the fact that we were doing the same thing???  That makes a whole lot more sense to me.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Contacting the media about something like this reeks of a PR stunt.  In fact, I imagine colleges across the country did the exact same thing.  I'm not sure why the radio host latched onto LSU other that maybe being an LSU fan and monitoring their feeds.

Like I said before, if I where a media personality in Tampa, I'd be following USF, the Bucs, the Lightning, the Rays, UT, etc., so that I could be well informed on the local sports scene.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Curious, why didn't one of you fans call in and point this out? Not, calling anyone out but it sounds like a few of you heard it.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Curious, why didn't one of you fans call in and point this out? Not, calling anyone out but it sounds like a few of you heard it.

I listen at work. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Trust me, I really wanted to call in but I was pulling into work when this came on and I didn't have time to wait.

• Upvote 1