• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

98.7 drops the ball again...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Okay, let me first say that I really enjoy Fan Interference on 98.7 mainly because they show a lot of love for anything USF and it's the best opportunity to hear positive radio talk regarding our Bulls. Outside of that show, the official home of USF Football really disappoints most of the time. If it's not dealing with Booger and all of his SEC talk and complete ignorance to anything USF, now the morning show disappointed this morning as well. Usually the morning show is decent and has some relevant USF topics from time to time. This morning however Roxanne was doing her "On the Rocks" segment and she talked about how nice and inspiring it was that she read about the LSU football team helping freshman move into their dorms by helping them carry furniture and other items. Wow, what a great story... good for LSU. Ummmm, USF did this exact thing just yesterday! Shouldn't they be a little more in tune with what goes on within USF athletics and instead of giving credit to a school in an entirely different state, how about giving credit to the school right here in Tampa for doing this! Sorry for the rant it just irritated me that they acted like this was some great idea by LSU but the home team was doing the exact same thing yesterday! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Agreed. Need to see more love for the home team

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Their the official home because they broadcast the game. I dont think their job is to talk about USF all the time. No radio station talks about just one team. Not sure if thats what you are referring to but the reason you mention being upset is in my opinion no reason to be upset at all. Not sure its anyone at 98.7, besides the actual USF shows they have during the season, to keep up with all things USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Their the official home because they broadcast the game. I dont think their job is to talk about USF all the time. No radio station talks about just one team. Not sure if thats what you are referring to but the reason you mention being upset is in my opinion no reason to be upset at all. Not sure its anyone at 98.7, besides the actual USF shows they have during the season, to keep up with all things USF.

I think he was upset mainly because of the home town team thing. The fact that 98.7 is the most USF friendly of all the local stations just made it worse .... and it's not like it was done in secrecy. Both papers had a little blurb with a pic about the USF players doing it yesterday. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I noticed that this morning and it irked me too. It is one thing to talk exclusively about one team but it is not unreasonable to expect the local coverage at least have an interest in the local team. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Giving props to a school 1,000 miles away for doing something the hometown school is doing is flat out wrong.

But I blame Harlan for not getting the word out to them...

• Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Most seem to see the point I was making. I know USF hasn't given anyone in sports radio much reason to talk about them and I don't expect them to talk about USF all the time or to never mention any other school. But when there is something positive regarding our football team to talk about and yet still it's a school in an entirely different state and conference that gets the mention for the exact same thing... really? And as mentioned, you don't even have to be that tuned in to what's going on with USF football to know this was going on yesterday.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Very weak. Although people here complain about the talking heads of that station, the management must take responsibility. They set the culture and in many cases the agenda (program director). Pretty sad statement about following LSU while ignoring that the USF team did the same thing.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Giving props to a school 1,000 miles away for doing something the hometown school is doing is flat out wrong.

ding ding ding

this is lack of usf pr machine

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It was posted all over Twitter, Facebook, etc.  A local radio personality should be following the local teams social media feeds.  This is not on Harlan.