• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Having been around USF for many years I just wanted to share this with everyone. 

I was going to Bulls basketball games long before football even started and have been a season ticket holder for football since day one.  Some of you may remember Mike Lewis....this guy would take care of you like you were a major donor even if you weren't.  Needed help or tickets or just USF sports talk Mike was the go to guy.  He made everyone feel important and made you feel part of USF.  His wife took a job at UConn and we lost him a few years ago....yea she took him and the kids with her :).

Anyway...since Mike left and football grew it felt like we became just another name that was directed to a web site and number.  For sure lost that personal contact that Mike always gave.

So I got a phone call from Zach Pietrzyk of the Bulls Club(former USF baseball player) and my first thought was ok - when is the pitch coming but we must have spent an hour talking USF sports.  I am sure part of it was because I had not renewed my football tickets at that point but he never really pushed that at all.  Next thing I know he set up a time to come meet me in DeLand at work.  We had lunch and talked USF sports and had a really good time. He never really pushed for me to renew but he did say he hoped I did.  Then he hooked me up with tickets for the USF vs Stetson baseball game(we lost) but still enjoyed going to the game.

So my point here is I finally again felt like part of the Bulls family and Zach did a great job of repping USF so kudos to him.  I don't know if this because of the new AD and I am just wondering if anyone else has had USF reach out to the on a personal basis.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

That's great that USF is doing that good friend.

Your experience with Mike Lewis was 180 degrees different than mine. I was happy to see him go.

There are folks there like Eric Soncrant who are absolutely super. Vicki Mitchell was awesome but moved to new role.

Mr. Harlan said we get there together so hopefully this is something we will see going forward. We have to make it what it once was - something people want to be a part of.

Woolard crashed our investments. Mr. Harlan has a tough road ahead.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I wanted to jump in here. First, DaBull80, I agree completely that both Mike Lewis and Zach are awesome representatives of USF Athletics, but I respectfully disagree about a void between them. Brad, with respect, I disagree. Mike Lewis had a gift in dealing with people, and while not everyone will feel the same way, I would bet 99% who dealt with Mike loved him, that doesn't mean you don't have valid complaints, but please understand that most people would talk of a different experience. Getting back to the original post. Take the sales staff, first, there was a percentage of people I dealt with who like me, and a percentage who didn't. I thought I worked hard and I hope the percentage was in the rage of 80 - 20 to the positive. Lets say I built a relationship with 500 accounts, that means 400 people liked dealing with me (approximate). For a long time there was only 1 or 2 other sales people, John and Angelo. They are both good people, so lets say they had similar numbers. So between the 3 of us, 1200 account (or 800 when it was only me and John), there are so many more accounts we never had a chance to build a relationship with. It wasn't that we weren't good people or didn't want it, just simply the opportunity never materialized. DaBull80, the Bulls Club has had a lot of great people over the years, all of which could have filled that role Mike Lewis used to do with you. Sometimes to build that relationship you need to reach out to them, because if you don't the opportunity just may have never materialize for them to get to know you.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I am sure everyone's experience is different to some degree. I was only commenting because mine was different. And I did often try to engage Mike. I only mattered to him up until a certain point. Regardless, it's great to hear the program is reaching out. Guys like dabull80 are huge fans and supporters.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i found the group mention very gracious and kind  took care of all my needs when asked

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Heap many moons ago, Mike Lewis and another rep from USF met with E.T. & me at the Lakeland Airport for lunch. We were just getting the BullBackers moving and I think they wanted to gather some intelligence on what we were up to (sensitivities vis-a-vis fund raising). He, and Eric Soncrant always seemed personable and engaging. Never had a problem with either of them, but to be clear that relationship is very much on the business end of the spectrum. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

I had Angelo as a ticket rep before he left.  Was so disappointed and thought that I'd never get along with another rep like I did with him. And then John Lewis picked up our account and I've found John to be just as fantastic as Angelo.  As for the Bulls Club employees, it may be because we are at so many games and events, but they all treat the wife and me like we are family, not just donors.  Amazing when you see people 2 or 3 times a week during basketball and baseball seasons how quickly you get to know them.  Quick story about Zack.  We got to know his parents while he was on the team at the Donaldson deck on Friday nights. Lost touch after he graduated.  Were sitting at the Houston football game and who was sitting at the other end of our row? His parents who have moved there. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Have to agree with CousinRicky here, John Lewis has done everything we've ever asked of him.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

For sure Eric and Vickie(I hated it when she changed jobs) are super.....I am two hours away from Tampa so I understand that reaching out to me is not an easy task but I think the staff may have gotten a little thin and no way did they have the time or resources to reach out to everyone..especially folks not in the Tampa Bay area. 

Bulliever - I hope Harlan is pushing this because it would be great for USF.

Mike...This isn't meant so much as a knock on all the folks that work at USF but what I see as positive and maybe a little feedback for them because I know they check the board.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Not to derail the thread, but I wondered if anyone while on this subject knows when the green jackets are given out. I am proud to be a first-time Green Jacket donor this year! Onward and upward!