• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Search For New USF Baseball Head Coach Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Current FAMU head coach and long time assistant head coach at FSU, Jamey Shouppe is the right guy for this job.

Background on Shouppe:

- This seasons record was 26-26 in his first year at Florida A&M after having two back to back seasons with only 7 wins and being hired on only two weeks before the recruiting deadline in August. Shouppe's team most notably beat Florida, JU (3-4), and UNF this year. He also set the school record for most conference wins and finished tied for first in the southern division.

- Shouppe spent 21 seasons at FSU having top 25 recruiting classes in each year as recruiting coordinator (13 top ten recruiting classes and 6 top five recruiting classes) He split ties with FSU when he was the scapegoat for Mike Martin's short comings and his plans for his son to take over his legacy.

-Pitchers Holding FSU career records - 3

Team ERA (1992-2010) - 3.58

Pitchers Holding FSU season records - 8

ACC Team ERA Titles - 10

Top 25 Recruiting Classes - 20

First Team All-Americans Recruited - 24

Number of FSU pitchers drafted - 58

All-America honors received by players - 152

(number reflect through the 2010 season)

Me likey!

Oh, and welcome to the board. Stick around (you'll need thick skin, we tend to denigrate our rivals here!) :D

I'm a big Shouppe supporter and it was a shame how FSU treated him. Would gladly become a USF fan if they hire him. He worked miracles with a team this year that had horrible talent. If he had the resources and facilities of USF he could take them to the CWS in less than three years

Edited by FSUalum10

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

Can't believe I forgot about Shouppe. I even went to a couple FAMU games this season to check things out and it's extremely impressive what he has done there. I was hoping they'd make a run in the MEAC tourney.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Anyone check if the sleeping comatose giant has a "DNR" bracelet?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Everybody knows Mr. Shoop wants to be back on the beach. He just doesn't want to teach Summer School.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Everybody knows Mr. Shoop wants to be back on the beach. He just doesn't want to teach Summer School.

Great movie

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Besides being a Tampa guy the numbers dont lie. Not to mention UT is playing for another National Title this season and are 51-2. I dont care what level you play thats impressive

Joe Urso’s Collegiate Coaching Career

Year Team Record Postseason 2001 Tampa 49-10 NCAA Finalist, 2002 Tampa 36-20 NCAA South Regional, 2003 Tampa 45-18 NCAA Runner-Up, 2004 Tampa 41-16 NCAA South Region, 2005 Tampa 40-18 NCAA South Region, 2006 Tampa 54-6 NCAA National Champions, 2007 Tampa 53-10 NCAA National Champions, 2008 Tampa 42-11-1 NCAA Quarterfinalist, 2009 Tampa 40-17 NCAA South Region, 2010 Tampa 46-11 NCAA Quarterfinalist, 2011 Tampa 36-17 NCAA South Region, 2012 Tampa 38-10 NCAA South Region, 2013 Tampa 47-12 NCAA National Champions,

Totals 13 seasons 567-176-1 (.763)

Three NCAA Championships

Edited by BULLfreak

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Bulls baseball job draws 39 early applicants

Joey Knight, Times Staff Writer

Friday, May 23, 2014 4:33pm

Four days after USF announced the reassignment of baseball coach Lelo Prado to an administrative role, Prado's old job already has attracted 39 applicants.

The names were released Friday to the Tampa Bay Times upon a public-records request. The list is of applicants only, and may not necessarily include candidates being seriously considered for the job.

Among the names are some highly familiar to anyone who has followed big-league baseball in the last two decades: Von Hayes, Alan Mills, Chris Sabo and Brad Wilkerson, to name three.

---

more at: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/bulls-baseball-job-draws-39-early-applicants/2181192

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

The guy from Jesuit. Lost NINE varsity players AFTER the season started. Coached the remaining players and a few jv's to WIN the State Championship.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

The guy from Jesuit. Lost NINE varsity players AFTER the season started. Coached the remaining players and a few jv's to WIN the State Championship.

Would be an interesting idea. Warren has been at Jesuit for quite a while and has done good things. He was there when I was a student and I always found myself impressed with him. Money would definitely be a boost-I know they don't pay their teachers a lot. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Great movie

I think I noticed Mark Harlan in that movie wearing the suit and giving Mark Harman a hard time.