• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 2014 center Ruben Guerrero

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Was his offer to indiana commitable? Thats my question

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Pujol strikes again. That frosh will be a sharp shooter when she graduates

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Supposedly also had offers to Marquette, Houston, George Mason, among others ...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Apparently, this UK writer thinks so.

Chris Fisher
8 hours ago

On the heels of officially naming Barry Rohrssen to the Kentucky coaching staff, former UK assistant Orlando Antigua landed his first commitment as South Florida head coach.

Wichita (Kan.) Sunrise Christian big man Ruben Guerrero (6-10, 210) gave his verbal pledge to Antigua Thursday night, choosing the Bulls over Indiana.

Antigua was named USF head coach Mar. 31, prior to the end of the season and was officially replaced by Rohrssen as UK assistant Thursday.

Read more at:

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Antigua-lands-first-commitment-at-USF-28434850

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Doesn't seem like a great tradeoff of Egbuno, but we definitely need a big man.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Evan Daniels â€@EvanDaniels 

Ruben Guerrero, a 6-foot-10 big man out of Sunrise Christian, is currently on an official visit to South Florida, per a source.

The bottomline is we need a backup center badly. If he can rebound and half defend he will be useful. Omogbehin needs to be moved on as he cannot play at this level and is simply taking up a scholarship from someone that can possibly contribute.

Not sure if he has an offer yet though, maybe he gets one before he leaves if Coach O like what they see.

I'm late to the game, but totally agree. Omog is pretty much useless. The guy can barely run to half court and he looks like he's always limping. Probably tall people problems, sadly. If Antigua truly wants a fast paced style, he absolutely does not fit. Even if he doesn't play fast, Omog just doesn't have the skill. He was a project that has not gone well. Can we just take away a scholarship like that? I mean I feel bad for the kid, but he is just not good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Ruben Guerrero, a 6-foot-10 big man out of Sunrise Christian, is currently on an official visit to South Florida, per a source.

The bottomline is we need a backup center badly. If he can rebound and half defend he will be useful. Omogbehin needs to be moved on as he cannot play at this level and is simply taking up a scholarship from someone that can possibly contribute.

Not sure if he has an offer yet though, maybe he gets one before he leaves if Coach O like what they see.

I'm late to the game, but totally agree. Omog is pretty much useless. The guy can barely run to half court and he looks like he's always limping. Probably tall people problems, sadly. If Antigua truly wants a fast paced style, he absolutely does not fit. Even if he doesn't play fast, Omog just doesn't have the skill. He was a project that has not gone well. Can we just take away a scholarship like that? I mean I feel bad for the kid, but he is just not good.

No you dont take away his scholly. What kid would ever sign here with the threat if you dont play well we pull your scholly? The kid accepted an offer for a scholly USF needs to hold up their end of the bargin.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's a bit of a moot point because there's no need for his scholarship right now.  So far, we've only got 11 scholarship players for next year including the 4 current signees/commits.  I doubt Coach O will use his limit.  Although Omegbehin has 2 years of eligibility left, next year will be his 4th year at USF.  We've more than held up to our end of the bargain.

Btw, kids have to hold up to their end of the bargain too.  I'm not saying Jordan hasn't, but kids transfer all the time because they find out they can't play at the level they thought they could.  If he was told to pack his bags tomorrow, it wouldn't affect recruiting much, if at all.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

No you dont take away his scholly. What kid would ever sign here with the threat if you dont play well we pull your scholly? The kid accepted an offer for a scholly USF needs to hold up their end of the bargin.

true.  He seems to be keeping up his end of the contract, so why breach on our end.

Hopefully Ruben brings offensive versatility, which we're sorely lacked since the DoJo days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

I think it's a bit of a moot point because there's no need for his scholarship right now.  So far, we've only got 11 scholarship players for next year including the 4 current signees/commits.  I doubt Coach O will use his limit.  Although Omegbehin has 2 years of eligibility left, next year will be his 4th year at USF.  We've more than held up to our end of the bargain.

Btw, kids have to hold up to their end of the bargain too.  I'm not saying Jordan hasn't, but kids transfer all the time because they find out they can't play at the level they thought they could.  If he was told to pack his bags tomorrow, it wouldn't affect recruiting much, if at all.

10 scholarship players ... 6 holdovers and the 4 current signees/commits.