• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-10 2014 center Ruben Guerrero

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Seems like a good get.

Question for Vega or any other guys following recruiting closely. Did we get get better with this commitment over where we were at the end of last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Seems like a good get.

Question for Vega or any other guys following recruiting closely. Did we get get better with this commitment over where we were at the end of last year.

Last year being the one just ended?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Yes.

Obviously the idea with all the personnel changes (coaching and players) is hopefully to be better.

Just curious if there is any opinion if Guerrero is a step up (on paper) than LeDay, Hawkins or Egbunu. Not so worried about losing Musa.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm hoping that this will help us land some more international players.  Guerrero played for the Spain U18 team and is currently ranked #33 of 95 such players by Draft Express 

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/International--95/

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Yes.

Obviously the idea with all the personnel changes (coaching and players) is hopefully to be better.

Just curious if there is any opinion if Guerrero is a step up (on paper) than LeDay, Hawkins or Egbunu. Not so worried about losing Musa.

Well look the only significant player gone is Egbunu so let's compare. Guerrero is not the physical specimen that John is and never will be imo. Egbunu is not an offensive player so that can be replaced, but the guy has potential to be a dominate rebounder, finisher, help defender, and he's intimidating. Everything about Egbunu since HS is based on potential because of his elite level athleticism. If he can ever learn to use that Athletic ability correctly and consistently on both offense and defense, he'll be one of the top centers in CBB and a 1st rd NBA selection.

With Guerrero his potential lies with what he can do on offense. At 6-10 with the ability to handle the ball, drive to the basket, pass, and shoot from the perimeter, you have to be salivating at what he can possibly develop into down the road once he gets stronger ad more seasoned.  He's a good athlete too, not Egbunu level but he can run the floor, and throw it down pretty **** good also.

Lots of work to do for this coaching staff with adding more pieces and installing a system that best utilizes the personnel that will be on hand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Yes.

In response to your specific question then, I think the answer is no. Guerrero doesn't make up for the losses. At this point, the key to be being better lies with the 2 new  sg's .... but hopefully COA isn't done for 2014 yet.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Me too. Where do I sign?????

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

FYI

Those are USF WBB players

Micah Kroll (G), Neena Pacholke (G)

Not sure on the 3rd.

FYI

Those are USF WBB players

Micah Kroll (G), Neena Pacholke (G)

Not sure on the 3rd.

The translated article I posted previously said he already had three friends on the USF WBB team:

"Precisely at the moment is making the visit in Tampa, and although it has scheduled two official visits more and you can not make your decision before making these, it seems that the player ends up being college buddy of his compatriots and players of the team Female basketball Laura Marcos, Ari and Laia Pujol flowers also come this season."