• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU to the NIT finals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If you're a major basketball conference or in a good basketball league the goal is to make the NCAAT and that's that. Hell look at those teams that are at the 16th seed and destined to get blasted out the 1st rd. They celebrate the opportunity to get in despite the heavy odds that they will be 1 and done. I haven't seen many or if any celebrate for making the NIT.

Edited by Vega

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

If you're a major basketball conference or in a good basketball league the goal is to make the NCAAT and that's that. Hell look at those teams that are at the 16th seed and destined to get blasted out the 1st rd. They celebrate the opportunity to get in despite the heavy odds that they will be 1 and done. I haven't seen many or if any celebrate for making the NIT.

Have you seen a team celebrate after losing a game in the first round of the NCAAT? Have you seen a team celebrating while cutting down the nets at MSG?

Have you seen a team celebrate after losing a game in the first round of the NCAAT? Have you seen a team celebrating while cutting down the nets at MSG?

No but I've seen coaches fired because all he could do was make the NIT despite winning one and finishing as the runner-up just two years later. The NIT is OK 1 time but it isn't the NCAAT and never will be despite the improvements over the last few years. Stan Heath turned down an invite to the NIT at Arkansas. So did NC State, G'Town, Georgia Tech, OSU, UL, Bama. Illinois tried to turn it down but couldn't.

Not to repeat everything I already said because it's no need. I stand by it all

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Have you seen a team celebrate after losing a game in the first round of the NCAAT?

LOL, the entry celebration is eclipsed only by the deflation of being owned & ousted by the #1 seed.

Have you seen a team celebrate after losing a game in the first round of the NCAAT?

LOL, the entry celebration is eclipsed only by the deflation of being owned & ousted by the #1 seed.

And yet they will be happy to go every single year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

No but I've seen coaches fired because all he could do was make the NIT despite winning one and finishing as the runner-up just two years later. The NIT is OK 1 time but it isn't the NCAAT and never will be despite the improvements over the last few years. Stan Heath turned down an invite to the NIT at Arkansas. So did NC State, G'Town, Georgia Tech, OSU, UL, Bama. Illinois tried to turn it down but couldn't.

Not to repeat everything I already said because it's no need. I stand by it all

Although your comments really have nothing to with the simple premise being hashed out, I will point out that coaches are fired all the time for continuously getting to the NCAAT but losing their first game so apparently JUST getting there isn't all it's cracked up to be either.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting note.

When was the last time a coach was fired after WINNING the NIT? Coaches get fired yearly after losing in the first round of the NCAAT.

If Stan's Arkansas team missed the NCAAT and won the NIT, would he have been fired?

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720

I doubt anyone here even remembers who won last years NIT without looking it up. I know I don't.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720

Also, Indiana turned down an invitation to play in a tournament below the NIT this year.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

I doubt anyone here even remembers who won last years NIT without looking it up. I know I don't.

Can you tell me who VCU beat last year in the round of 64 w/o looking it up? Doubt it.