• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF hires Orlando Antigua to coach mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Young talent. I'm patient enough to see it through but most fans are not. McMurray is a future 1st rounder, Feliz and Baxter could be stars in the future but we still don't know, and Holston really grew as his freshman year went on before he got injured. I understand why people want him fired, but what coach would want to come here if we fire a coach after 2 years, it basically shows that there is no job security and they can't grow a program focusing on long term instead of short term.

Fair enough in stating what coach would want to come here. But when Antigua got here, it's not like we were talentless. For whatever reason this team doesn't have great chemistry, and that's HUGE (yuuuuge) for a program. Too many solid players have transferred. I don't care if they didn't fit Antigua's style of play. Taggart had players that didn't fit his style of play so what does he do? He adjusts to them. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

LOL

But it's fully true. Go back and look at all the players that we've lost in the past two years. It's disgusting. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

It was I who predicted the downfall of some such thing...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

3 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Young talent. I'm patient enough to see it through but most fans are not. McMurray is a future 1st rounder, Feliz and Baxter could be stars in the future but we still don't know, and Holston really grew as his freshman year went on before he got injured. I understand why people want him fired, but what coach would want to come here if we fire a coach after 2 years, it basically shows that there is no job security and they can't grow a program focusing on long term instead of short term.

There's really no room for this common sense crap while some are busy storming the castle .... Unless the investigation turns really ugly with a cause for dismissal, HCOA gets the third year like most any coach would under the circumstances but I'm sure the admin is looking for a noticeable improvement from previous two.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's really no room for this common sense crap while some are busy storming the castle .... Unless the investigation turns really ugly with a cause for dismissal, HCOA gets the third year like most any coach would under the circumstances but I'm sure the admin is looking for a noticeable improvement from previous two.

Like I've said before, I don't like posting about firing a coach and I'll stand by that. But this info couldn't come at a worse time possible.  COA's brother has been suspended for the past month from recruiting which means someone knew there was wrong doing, and then the brother resigned with in an hour of news breaking. I'm not saying let Antigua go right now, but this has to be looked at seriously. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Like I've said before, I don't like posting about firing a coach and I'll stand by that. But this info couldn't come at a worse time possible.  COA's brother has been suspended for the past month from recruiting which means someone knew there was wrong doing, and then the brother resigned with in an hour of news breaking. I'm not saying let Antigua go right now, but this has to be looked at seriously. 

I'm pretty sure this is being looked very seriously and the fact that ACOA was pulled of the recruiting trail hopefully means it was self reported ...

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm pretty sure this is being looked very seriously and the fact that ACOA was pulled of the recruiting trail hopefully means it was self reported ...

If it indeed was self reported, that changes a lot. I do like Harlan and he has ties to B12, so I guess we'll see. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

A proper investigation will always uncover something.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If it indeed was self reported, that changes a lot. I do like Harlan and he has ties to B12, so I guess we'll see. 

I can only hope.

Especially since this came up this week... of ALL weeks... this came up THIS week.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Bear said:

I can only hope.

Especially since this came up this week... of ALL weeks... this came up THIS week.

It almost sounds like someone in Orlando was using this as an ace up their sleeve in an effort to sabotage our Big 12 hopes. The timing was too coincidental especially for an investigation that appears to have been going on for the past month. ESPN having Orlando ties, being the first to report the news, and never writing anything positive about USF is very fishy.