• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF hires Orlando Antigua to coach mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

His contract is not offensive. Not where I would have started him but not bad. He needs a large pool for assistants.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

His contract is not offensive. Not where I would have started him but not bad. He needs a large pool for assistants.

Can't imagine it's far off from the $600K offered to Maisello.  OA's salary is $300K less, maybe they'll roll that into his assistants pool.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Karl Towns on Orlando Antigua: "USF just got the best person in the business right now... One of the best coaches the country has to offer."

B4 the question gets asked

Karl Towns
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Karl Towns No. 44 Center Personal information Born November 15, 1995 (age 18) Nationality American / Dominican Listed height 7 ft 0 in (213 cm) Listed weight 243 lb (110 kg) Career information High school St. Joseph (Metuchen, New Jersey) College Kentucky

Karl-Anthony Towns (born November 15, 1995) is a Dominican American basketball player who is playing his senior season for St. Joseph High School during the 2013–14 season. He was named to the Dominican Republic national basketball team Olympic squad as a 16-year old.

Early years

Towns grew up in Piscataway, New Jersey, where he attended Lake Nelson Seventh-Day Adventist School, he then went to Theodore Schor Middle School and repeated seventh grade after transferring in from Our Lady of Fatima School in 2009.[1]

High school career

As a freshman at St. Joseph High School, Towns led the basketball team to a state championship in 2012, earning himself the top position in the ESPN 25 national ranking of high school players.[2] Towns was selected at the age of 16 to play on the Dominican Republic national basketball team, which represents that nation in international competition.[2] Towns was eligible based on the fact that his mother is from the Dominican Republic. During 2011 and 2012 competitions, John Calipari, head coach at the University of Kentucky and a former NBA head coach, coached the team, which finished third in the 2011 FIBA Americas Championship and fourth place at the 2012 FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men, falling one position short of qualifying for the 2012 Olympic Basketball Tournament.[3]

In December 2012, Towns announced that he was going to graduate a year early from high school and commit to play on the Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team under Coach Calipari, who had coached him as part of the national team of the Dominican Republic. ESPN, which had ranked him as the top prospect in the 2015 recruiting class listed him as third-ranked in its 2014 class.[4]

On January 6, 2013 Towns recorded a quadruple double with 16 points, 17 rebounds, 11 blocks and 11 assists, then on January 5, 2014 he recorded another with 20 points, 14 rebounds, 12 blocks and 10 assists.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

One thing I didn't realize is that COA is 40 years old. He looks younger which is what matters to me ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

CoachCal.com â€@CoachCalDotCom bvh 

Cal says him and the players are "ecstatic" for Orlando Antigua's opportunity at USF. Called it "the right job for him. Perfect."

CoachCal.com â€@CoachCalDotCom 

Cal said USF needs someone to excite its fan base. "Well, that's (Orlando)."

Kyle Tucker â€@KyleTucker_CJ 

Cal says players were thrilled for Antigua getting USF job. Says it is the perfect first job for him. WCS told him "I got you this job."

Cal says people at USF are going to love Antigua. "He didn't get that from me."

Who is WCS?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The big man

Willie Cauley-Stein
  • Birth DateAugust 18, 1993
  • HometownOlathe, KS
  • Height7-0

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

CoachCal.com â€@CoachCalDotCom bvh 

Cal says him and the players are "ecstatic" for Orlando Antigua's opportunity at USF. Called it "the right job for him. Perfect."

CoachCal.com â€@CoachCalDotCom 

Cal said USF needs someone to excite its fan base. "Well, that's (Orlando)."

Cal says players were thrilled for Antigua getting USF job. Says it is the perfect first job for him. WCS told him "I got you this job."

Cal says people at USF are going to love Antigua. "He didn't get that from me."

Who is WCS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Cauley-Stein

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

Is he gonna keep Roccaforte?

Post on his thread said he's going to VT but can't find anything official ... but it wouldn't surprise me:

UPDATE: Turns out Roccaforte and Marquette's Williams are indeed good friends, and a good friend of the blog, Scott Kuykendall (who used to be USF's sports information contact for men's basketball and is now in the same position at Marquette) hooked us up with a quote from Buzz on Roccaforte and his new job at USF:

“Rock’s career accomplishments as an assistant and as a head coach, speak for themselves. Our profession goes so fast that we rarely study the impact of an individual – regardless of his position. We just read twitter and multiple blogs, and too many other opinions, much of which is never factual. If you study Rock’s career stops, you will find that he left every program in better shape than when he was hired. I have great respect for Coach Heath, and his path, but I can confidently tell you, that adding Rock to his staff just made not only their team better, but more importantly, their program better.â€

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/heath-calipari-recommended-new-hire-roccaforte/2085295